Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls

I know this question has probably been asked loads of times before, but I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with me and how long it took your AF to arrive on your first cycle after IVF/ICSI.

My cycle length varies from 25 - 35 days anyway, but has never been missing in action for so long before  ??? I am not pg (although find myself sometimes thinking maybe.... ^idiot^ ), as had a scan on CD 26 when I went for my first appointment in Norway and my lining was only 5mm, which indicates that I didn't ovulate this month.

Normally I would enjoy an AF free month, but I want to get started on the pill and be able to sort dates out for our tx in Norway and so am waiting on her arrival to get the ball rolling  :(

Any thoughts?

Bok xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Yep, sometimes cycles can be a bit irregular following an unsuccessful IVF treatment.  I've had some times where it's gone straight back to regular cycles but on our 3rd cycle I was around 10 days late and as I have long luteal phase anyway, this meant my cycle was about 42 days I think.  Just had another BFN and obviously bleeding at the moment as it's straight after treatment but have no idea whether my next cycle will be on time or late again.

All the drugs can muck things up a bit but also it can be that you ovulate later than normal....or not at all.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi

We had an ICSI cycle this year and I got my BFN on the 21st Feb and AF didn't arrive until 17th April. It was 55 days (normal cycle is 32-35 days) I think it's just the drugs playing havoc with your body. I know it's frustrating but it will show up eventually!!

Rachel xx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi

I had a BFN in Feb, prior to treatment I had regular 28 day cycles.  Following the BFN my next AF was due on 4 March, it eventually showed up on 27 March, so very very late.  I am just coming to the end of another af now, and this cycle was 30 days, so not back to normal but nearly there.

Take care and good luck

Em

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for all your replies  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Typically, after waiting patiently for ages before deciding to post this topic, AF turned up today!!  ^bigbad^

I am very relieved and can now ring Norway to get the ball rolling  ^clapping^

Sorry to hear about your recent BFN Natasha  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Take care all and thanks again  :-*

Bok xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts