Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth,

To my dissapointment I have been told that my CD21 blood test result for Progesterone was 24  and to have ovulated it need to have been 30 or over.  Nurse said that they will probably change my treatment.  

What is the lowest level of Progesterone you can ovulate with?

Do you know what the next course of action will be in regards to alternative treatment.

Tweets xx  PS.  I still have not had AF, will try to test on Sunday

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sorry to go against what you have been told but as far as I am concerned you have ovulated. A level of 24 tells me that maybe the blood test was done maybe a day early or late. Have you had your period since the blood test? If you did and it was either more or less than 7 days after the blood test this would explain the result and shows me your result is normal. If the af you are waiting for is on the same cycle as the blood wait and see when it comes and if more or less than 7 days then again you have the answer that the test wasn't done at you mid luteal point.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Hiya Ruth
You reply was interesting cos i was prescribed metformin and have had bloods done on days 21, 28 and 35, my prog level at the highest was on day 28 which was 22, i got period on day 35 but my nurse told me i had not ovulated cos it was not over 30??
I then had 2 cycles of clomid, both days 21 tests were 36 ish and AF arrived on day 28, what deters how high your prog level will be?
Thanks - your a star!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your response.  AF is still not here and its CD29.  We will see what happens.

T xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts