Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls  :)
Hope you are doing good, is anyone going to Ceram in the new year??? we are hoping to sign up after Christmas we have been there before back in 2006 it was the only clinic we have got a postive pregnancy test but it was not to be as I began bleeding :'( the very next day but we are ready to try again after a long break!!  ^pray^
We are hoping for a ~DE or using embryo adoption, would be great to see how everyone is doing and trying to keep postive!!
Many thanks for reading my post
take care
^stocking^ Have a Merry Christmas

Jet

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Hi Jet.

I think you need to alter your post to CERAM as you have spelt it wrong????

Good luck with your treatment, changes afoot since you were last there as no English fertility nurse now. Not sure on level of care but I am sure Fiona will explain how things work.

Ruth

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi there Jet - So sorry to hear of your last cycle not having a positive ending... Hopefully this time round you will have a good outcome  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ We are looking to go to Ceram in the New Year too.  We have recently been to our consultation there and found the team to be very professional.  It seems to be a small clinic but this is what we wanted as we did not want to go to alarge clinic that only tells you of details of the donor on day of transfer.

Marbella is lovely... we instantly liked it there and the Spanish people are very friendly.  Not to mention the lovely food there too!!

It will be nice to be able to share experiences with each other.

Oh and, we spoke to Fiona for quite a long while about donors and previous treatments... Michelle was also there which is English too.  Dr Benito also speaks English too, so i don't think there would be any problems with communication...

Noenat - wow so you think they wont take long to get back to you in regards to a donor... what are your colourings?  I must admit I am constantly checking my email to see if Fiona has emailed me or not.  Then again she might phone me  :)  LOL positive paranoia

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey guys  :-*

Noenat - we are off to Ceram in Feb too... I believe we are there at the beginning though.  Im so glad to hear they have matched you!  Looks like they are really on the ball!!  Wishing you all the best hun!  It really didn't take long did it t be matched for either of us  ^hugme^

Jet - you shall have to update us with how you are getting on.  I hope they will not take too long in getting back to you  ^reiki^  :-*

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys
Thanks for replying, it is exicting everyday I check my email too, noenat /eggtastic that is fantastic news!! Roll on February for both of you...
Our update is we have heard from Ceram and we are now offical on the waiting list whoop , whoop ^party^  how long did you have to wait??
Have you thought about where you are going to stay in Marbella?? we stayied at the Riu last time it was lovely not to far from the clinic, even thou we did hire a car, got to do a bit sight seeing whilst relaxing  ^holiday^
Sorry I took a long time to reply, it has been hetic at the moment what with Christmas and work, at least the days go by so quick...
Take care
Jet  ^goodluck^

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Neonat

Wow that is not long at all... :)  I was thinking we would be waiting until May / June time, but if it is sooner great!!
Was organising the medicaiton okay?? I believe it goes through Italy now all changed since last time...

thank you
Jet

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great news Noenat!!! All you need is the plan now... woo wooo

Jet - we stayed in the Princess Playa Apart Hotel and it was nice.  The bed was super comfy (quite hard mattress but thats what I like!) and it was really nice to sleep there as we could hear the waves from the sea all night long so had the best ever sleep.  DH did say he could hear the tv from the room next door - but I didn't hear a thing.

the good thing about Princess Playa is that it has a microwave, a fridge and an electric hob as well as a toaster so you can make something if you dont want to keep going out for dinner.  There is a shop just up the road called OpenCor, which sells basic things, but just enough really.

The waiting list didnt take long AT ALL!!!  We got called with a match just a week after our cons! 

xxx

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy New Year to everyone!!
Noenat Iam pleased for you, just think you have began your treatment how exicting!! ^fairydust^  sending you lots of fairy dust for your cycle.
Fiona has contacted us yesterday to say when are we aiming for our treatment to begin, but because we have used all holiday at work so it will have to be after April  :'(  Fiona did say they have had more sucess with day 5 blasts been used so we will be in Marbella for a least a week, how long do you plan in staying??
Eggstaic I have heard good reports about the Princess Playa hotel sounds very nice.
Take care
Jet

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi ladies

I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing but I'm in contact at the moment with Fiona trying to sort out a consultation with Dr B hopefully next month.  I've had 6 rounds of IVF in the uk, resulting in 2 pregnancies (and 1 natural) but all unfortunately ending badly, 1 stillbirth at 36+6, and 2 miscarriages both in the first trimesta.  As I'm now 41 (1/2) I can't take any more chances on my own wizzened up eggs so thats why I'm opting for going for a donor cycle with CERAM.  I've been on the waiting list with my clinic in the UK but don't expect to be anywhere near the top of the waiting list until well after my 42nd birthday... I've got immune probs too so will have to have input from Dr Armstrong at the Portland in London as George (my consultant at Care Nottingham) can't be involved in treatment outside of Care. Boo.

Anyway, I'm really encouraged to read your experiences, and wonder if you could offer some advice on what to expect, where you'd recommend to stay etc.  AFter 6 cycles in the uk, going abroad is daunting but after selling our house late last year we've got a small amount of cash to use following that (after spending ££££ over the past 4 1/2 years on IVF in the UK, as well as buying loads of baby stuff including a new family car, only to not be able to use it at the 11th hour) so any encouragement is gratefully received!

Good luck everyone and fingers crossed we'll have the best of Christmasses in 2011!

Marshmallow xx

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi hon

We've got our consultation confirmed for 25 Feb.  I opted for then to enable us to get our records copied by the clinic here in the UK (costing me £30 but at least I'll be able to keep a full set myself and be able to thoroughly inspect everything!!  Its cheaper too than getting NHS records which you have to usually pay £50 for! (I work in clinical negligence so know the going rate....)

I'm encouraged by the fantastic appearing success rates too at the Clinic!  Fingers crossed everything will be positive for us and 2011 will be THE YEAR!!  I've worked out that I've been pregnant every year since 2007, but still haven't got the happy ending, only a tiny little plot in our local churchyard where our little darling is sleeping soundly.  I fell pregnant in 2007 with Kitty, who was born in 2008, having my natural pregnancy in 2009 just before my 40th, only to begin to bleed on Kitty's 1st birthday, and then my successful last tx in 2010 but I only got 2 eggs (both of which fertilised staggeringly!) but after having such a poor response that time we were persuaded that donor eggs were the best bet.

Have you got any recommendations of flights/accommodation?  We're totally green about all this!!  We've booked for a Friday consultation so we can make a bit of a weekend of it, flying out hopefully Friday first thing and coming back on the Sunday, just so we can get a feel for the place. 

Good luck honey, fingers crossed you'll have got excellent news by the time we go out to Spain!!

Alex xxx

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome marshmallow, firstly big hugs to you ^hugme^  wow you really have been through the mill, so sad for your loss.
Ceram is a lovely small clinic, I cannot fault it in anyway, we have been out there 3times each time we have always booked EasyJet flights we generally hire a car we have stayied just outside Marbella the one that stands out is "Riu" which was lovely and relaxing feels like you are on holiday ^holiday^  with a bit of fertility stuff throw in.
I do agree it is a bit scary to start but once you have been there and met the staff you will feel relaxed.
February is not that long have you booked your flights??
Noenat not long now until your injection,sorry to hear you are feeling a bit naff on the pill but it will soon be over.
Have you booked your accommodation and flights for the 24th Feb, all exicting!!
Take care
Jet

·
Registered
487 Posts
Dear Marshmallow,
I have just read your post - so very sorry to read of your sad losses.
You are so in the right place. Fiona and Michelle are kind, supportive and knowledgeable and Dr B is god like as far as we are all concerned. For our consultation we stayed at the Princess Playa hotel which is right on the seafront and very close to Ceram (we booked through alpharooms.com). It is fine and its just so fab being in Marbella this time of year. Old Town is fab for evening meals and lovely cafes although you can't beat people watching on the promenade. I have a very soft spot for Marbella as I am sure the warmth, relaxed holiday atmosphere coupled with the excellent care and one to one attention from Ceram got me here.
We flew with Air Lingus  who we also found to be really good.
Fire away if you have any further questions.
Wishing you all the love and luck in the world.
Neets x

·
Registered
254 Posts
Marshmallow,

Nothing any of us can say will take the pain away that you have had to cope with but hopefully we can all help you get through your next exciting chapter with the positive outcome that you truly deserve.

i am one of the lucky ladies to have been out to ceram and have beautiful twins a boy and a girl through the clinics wonderful care and magic. i agree with neets that thestaff are fantastic and you are definately going to the right place.

Please come over to the Ceram chat thread where you will find loads of info on ceram and if you want sucsess stories go on ceram bumps and babes. All us ceramies are a lovely bunch and only too willing to help you with any questions.

Just a litlle tip. when we went the flights get more expensive the later you book them. we got caught out first time thinkig we'd get a cheaper lat minute deal only to find it had gone up a considerable amount from when we'd looked a few weeks before. this was with easy jet so am not sure if thisis the case with other airlines.

good luck

willlis

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi ladies

A quicky as I'm on my lunch at work!

We've booked with Ryanair (through TravelRepublic) and got flights, 2 nights accommodation, car hire, extra baggage and airport parking for £400, and when we looked elsewhere we'd have been paying almost £200 for flights alone!  Thanks for the tip though!  I'll prob pop onto the other forums later on.

Take care and thank you for making me feel so welcome!

Alex xxx

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Marshmallow,

You are a very strong lady I have to say being through all you have and still having the strength to go through it all again, you are an inspiration to any of us having a hard day coping with infertility.

I have just contacted Fiona and we are going in March for our consulation. I am very excited and nervous at the same time but I have read so many good things on this board and had such great dealings with Fiona and Michelle so far that it has been very positive.

Just looking into the flights though, my hubby is a bit tied for time on the work front so ladies do you reckon it would be okay to travel down the day of the consulation and home the following day or would there be any reason why we would have to go back the following day? Just looking for a few tips, thanks

Shoegals xx

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Shoegals,
We went for our consultation last March - it was lovely to just get a taste of the warmth! We went late on the Thursday night and our consultation was 3pm the next day. We could have gone back on the Friday night I guess. We went out in old town instead and had a lovely lazy Saturday in the sun again! Just thought I'd let you know it is poss to spend a very short time there if need be.
Neets xx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi shoegals,

we were also short of time off dh's work and we actuallly did it in a day. it was knackering but we did it. we got the first flight out at 6.40 a.m, had plenty of time to have a look about in marbella before our appointment at 3p.m.and then got the bus back to the airport and got the 9.20pm flight home.

The consultation only lasts a couple of hours from what i remember and you dont have to go back the next day as far as i am aware.

good luck

willis xx

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Ladies,

We are going to CERAM for our first consulation in March, can you give me a rough idea of what to expect?

Noenats and eggtastic, best of luck to you both. You are both due there this month, would love to hear how you are getting on!

Shoegals xx

1 - 20 of 350 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.