Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello  ^hello^ ^hello^ ^hello^

I have decided to set up a new cycle thread for Ceram clinic in Spain. I am currently building up to a new cycle there and have recently seen a few enquiries about the clinic so thought it might be a good idea to create a new home for anyone cycling there.

Happy chatting and lots of baby dust.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi All,
I am a newbie to the DE ivf route following 2 failed ivf. I am looking at clinics in Spain and I am over 45 and was wondering how people chose Ceram above the other clinics ? I have narrowed down my list and have the following which I am considering?
IB Alicante
IVf Spain
Ivf Barcelona
Grateful if anyone could explain reasons they chose Ceram

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi All,
I am a newbie to the DE ivf route following 2 failed ivf. I am looking at clinics in Spain and I am over 45 and was wondering how people chose Ceram above the other clinics ? I have narrowed down my list and have the following which I am considering?
IB Alicante
IVf Spain
Ivf Barcelona
Grateful if anyone could explain reasons they chose Ceram

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there

what helped me narrow it down to Ceram was a couple of things, price, convenience of travel, statistics, and general feel of the hospital. I had narrowed it down to a few clinics and rather than play games of email ping pong they picked up the phone and spoke to me at great length without any pressure. I originally wanted to go to reprofit in the Czech republic and had my heart set on them but they couldn't fit us in within 6 months which sadly was too long for us, Ceram had a donor with the right requirements in the time frame we needed and it was really easy from that point. We were really lucky and I got pregnant on my very first cycle so obviously I would recommend them!

Have you actually spoken to any of the co-ordinators at any of your chosen clinics to get a feel of what they are like?

If you want to know anything else give me a shout x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just wondering if anyone here checked out FIV Marbella before going to Ceram? Or know anything about them? We've been referred to them but can't find anything about them on here which is unusual, they've been around a while.,

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tigger

There just isn't a lot on them on this site or in general, I think the smaller clinics like Ceram and FIV are smaller and quieter that the larger institutes in the bigger cities. I can't say I know much about them at all I'm afraid. I'll have a look back to see if I can find any older threads x

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello ladies,

I’m about to start a double donor cycle at Ceram, I’ve been emailed a prescription will asda accept this or can anyone recommend anywhere?

Thank you
Donna

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Donna

Good choice 😋 I think Asda will want to see the original prescription, the clinic emailed the prescription over to Ali’s chemist who then couriered it all out to me, are you able to ask them to do that for you?

Good luck!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thank you artypants, il ring Ali’s chemist tomorrow,

In not new to treatment but This is my first time aboard, I see you have sussessful treatment at Ceram,is there any advice you can give me when visiting the clinic and things,

Thank you Donna xx

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Donna

The clinic is a hospital that has other services, it’s not crazy busy like some other places I have been to so you do feel like there is a more personal touch, the team are fab and welcoming and Dr Benito is great too. You will only ever deal with him for all of your procedures. I have stayed all over Malaga and staying close to the beach by Marbella town is great for beach life plus shops and restaurants and cafes. Puerto banus is great but very pricey so probably worth a day trip but don’t eat there every night or you’ll go bankrupt! I’d recommend hiring a car as taxis to the airport are v expensive. There are shuttle buses to and from the airport that are cheaper too if car hire isn’t for you. How long are you going for? If you’re making a holiday of it I’ll give you some tips of good places to visit. Are you staying in a hotel or apartment?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for your reply artypants,

I’m not to sure of the plans yet, everything has happened so quickly, I made contact with clinics in the summer to have treatment early next year, chose Ceram from my short list who matched me with donor embryos and were happy to wait until I was ready, i need some blood tests done, there was a lot going on with my nan being poorly, we also needed more time to save, I was happy to wait  BUT I needed a plan,  ^idiot^

I have found out I’ve some money coming and emailed Ceram to let them know I was on track to start in the new year and should I take the pill to get my cycles regular, they replied that I could start treatment right away, meaning my prostap jab was due Saturday just gone, (conversation with clinic was last week) I don’t respond well to prostap on day 21 so asked to wait until day 1 to take it, witch will buy me some time as my cycles are long! 35-45 days
So my head is in a spin I don’t know weather to wait or start on day 1 is it even possible to get it all done and sorted by then, I then think I should wait but then it’s xmas so.... I like being in the bubble of treatment is coming and will work but now it’s here I don’t want it because if it fails....  ^idiot^ ^idiot^

So I got the prescription yesterday and have emailed Ali´s chemist on recommendations from here and have ordered it, I’m just going to plod along and see if I can get bloods done, and see how far I’ve got to sorting it all out,

I think it’s going to be a day visit or at a push over night because clever me in a moment of madness (bought on by my sister having her baby, grief from losing my dog and nan)  I bought a much wanted pug puppy  ;D ;D without discussing it with my husband or any thought to treatment/holiday plans or anything (my sister was my dog sitter until her baby came) so a short visit is a must really,

DH will stay home with dogs and a friend is going to come with me or hubby come with me and friend stay with dogs, can fly from any London airport with early and late flights And driving is fine, so don’t really know at the moment I think I may have to wait until day 1 then decide what works best for with Work plans and things, other than sister and friend we aren’t telling any one,

Sorry for the rambling fells good to just type it out,
Thank you Donna. X

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it is doable to squeeze in another cycle by the end of the year but you don’t want to stress yourself out either. I am trying to fit in a FET before Xmas but then I’ve been there 5 times so know the place very well.

I will try and sort out a couple of links that might help you, I’m on my phone st the moment as I have no internet connection, I can point you in the direction of a few places I have stayed, taxi firms, plus airport transfers. Hopefully you will be ok with an overnight stay. I hope your hubby has recovered from the shock of you buying a surprise dog!! That’s the sort of thing I would do too 😀

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
964 Posts
I found Asda wouldn't accept an emailed prescription or one that was in anyway vague. My clinic had prescribed "one box" etc. In the end as Asda we're  by far the cheapest - I did a lot of research - I paid a licensed  prescriber £40 to rewrite it into a UK prescription. Even with that cost it worked out cheaper. I also asked my GP and she prescribed some of the cheaper drugs.
Oops sorry, I just saw you went with Ali's

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol thanks for the info though ljp I had no idea you could even do that!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi artypants and ljp64

I’ve managed to process the information now and I will be going ahead on day 1 of my next cycle,

Just need to get bloods done, wondered if I can find somewhere closer than central London

Good luck with your next cycle,

A over night stay is going to be best I think, am I better flying over early and going to clinic the same day and flying home next day or flying sleeping and going to clinic same day as I fly home?

And is it best to book hotel and flights separately or as a package,

Hubby Survived the puppy shock he know it would happen just not when  ;D I’m already planning my next puppy of treatment fails  ^idiot^

Ljp64 I used asda for my last treatment prescription and found the prices really good, I have heard they wasn’t too good with emailed prescriptions so phoned Ali´s before I phoned asda to see if they could help and Ali´s was cheaper, but this information is good to know because I’ve only my prostap jab at the moment and can shop about with my next prescriptions,

Thank you ladies,xx

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Donna

I would book separately as if you need to change flights for any reason you may come across issues with a package. \i usually go with Easyjet as they do a mega early flight and really late so you have plenty of choice.

How exciting, hopefully everything will go really smoothly for you x

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi ladies,

Well all the panic and rushing about to get bloods sorted I’m still waiting for day 1, after a conversation with my gp and a little white lie I and now taking norethisterone, so hopefuL to start next week now,

The clinic are being great and very patient with me and my daft body but they haven’t told me what needs il be taking yet, what have your protocols been Artypants?

Did you book a pin another cycle before Xmas?

We are now going o spain for 2 nights dh is staying home with dogs and my sister and nephew are coming with me,  :)
Once I have my day 1 I can get booking
Donna

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Donna,

You need to be prepared for day 1 with prostap if your protocol is the same as mine, I took prostap day 1 and then the progynova almost straight away trying to build my lining up  bit better. I'd get onto Tatiana and get your prescription emailed over to Alis chemist of you think your period might arrive soon. I am currently leading up to a cycle in December so not too far off where you are! How exciting!

Try not to panic or worry, you will be fine once you get there, have you any ideas where you are staying yet? I stayed at the Hotel Fuerte Marbella in the old town it was gorgeous! You can get a really good deal from Booking.com for breakfast and dinner all included and the hotel grounds are gorgeous. You are right opposite the old town so you can do a bit of retail therapy too :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for the info artypants,

I’ve got my prostap ready and Joanna the lady in contact with at Ceram said she will email my protocols once I’ve got my day 1, I do think that’s a little tight on time for prescriptions as previously I’ve start progynova on day 3, il drop her a email over the weekend and see if she will get it ready for early next week,
Il look at that hotel, did you book it on line to get the good deal,
I’ve not really looked to much at where we are staying just got a few rough prices so I could work out a budget,

How do you get from the hotel to the clinic? It is far to walk?

My sister was hoping for some retail therapy  :)

Do I need to get Any scans done here?

Great news that your cycling at Ceram too, we can cheer each other along,

Thank you for your help,

Donna xx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts