Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Myself and DP are looking at IVF in the next few months, just waiting for NHS to say yes or no to the one any only free funding, i know they are going to say no as we have only be trying for two and a half years and you need to have been trying for three. Trouble is i dont have the time as Im 40 in sept this year and they wont fund if  you are over forty.  Anyway enough of that.

We are looking into ivf at Care Nottingham but also abroad.  My fsh levels for the last three blood tests have been 9, 12 & 13 so it looks as though i may need DE although no one has mentioned this but im not stupid and have done some research on this site.

Anyway, the reason im posting is to ask a question.  How do you go about going to Ceram in Marbella for treatment, i.e. first consultation etc etc to end up in treatment.  How many times do you have to go to the clinic before you can actually stay for a week or so in a hotel and have ivf etc?

Also, what do you do about scans etc and being looked after after Embryo transfer?

I suppose im just looking at all my options really.  If broad is cheaper and better then I would go there.

Thanks for your responses, hopefully.

Take care

Debsx

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Debs  :)

Sorry to hear you may miss the 40 deadline for the NHS.  We missed it too and it feels unfair doesn't it?  How do they know you've only been trying for 2 and 1/2 years?  Can't you exaggerate a little?  ;)

Just wanted to let you have the contact details for Ceram - you can email Fiona with all your questions - [email protected]

You can have your initial consultation at Ceram which is what we did - but I think you can also use a clinic here - probably best to ask Fiona directly.  After the initial consultation you go on the list and you don't need to visit the clinic again until the week of embryo transfer.  You don't need so many scans if you are going for DE - more if you are using your own eggs.  We have a clinic in the UK who does just the scan and blood tests for us and the rest we have done at Ceram.

Good luck looking at your options

best wishes Jaydi x

p.s. Pinkflowers have replied to you on the Ceram Chat thread on the Spain board. Good luck to you too x

You two are night-larks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou both of you for replying to you, its much appreciated.

Im not sure if I i need to go done the DE root yet but I know i want some answers, thing is i dont have much time but all the consultants seem to take an age to do anything.

Good luck to you both and thanks again.

Take care

Debs,

P.s. yes im definatley a night owl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts