Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
we lost our twin kids at 20w after an emergent cerclage placed at 17w around followed by an infection in 2010.
now i m  12w5d pregnant.. and planned to have preventive cerclage on march 9th(14w). but i m freaking to death whether it may end like before. i try to be positive and but not able to forget the pasts. and moreover i m afraid of infections too. today my ER chked my cervical length its around 4.and booked for cerclage on 9th.
Anyone is going to get cerclage.. or any positive comments....
Give me confidence and support and moreover ur prayers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi EA

I sent you a personal message yesterday as I could not reply as you had posted in the pharmacist section.

I am so sorry about your babies. I lost triplet boys last June at 21 weeks.  I had a laproscopic cerclage placed in September 2010 and have been trying to conceive since. You are so lucky to pregnant again - Can I ask - did you have fertility treatment?

I totally understand how scared you are. I really want to be pregnant but at the same time I am scared of how I'd cope.

All I can say is this time around your doctors are keeping an eye on you and your cervical length and you are going to get your stitch before it shortens or opens. Hopefully this means that your chances of another horrible infection are minimal. I'm sure like myself you have googled and seen the excellent success rates when the stitch is placed early rather than as an emergency.

I had never heard of a blinking cerclage last year - I really wish I had. Since then though I have heard of numerous women who having experienced late miscarriages had cerclages in subsequent pregnancies and went on to have fullterm more or less healthy babies.

I hope this is some comfort to you
H ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hi

I lost my first baby at 22 weeks due to incompetent cervix, it was too late to put a cerclage in.  So with my next baby I had the cerclage put in at 14 weeks, where they found my cervix was already opening. 

I wasn't monitored greatly during that time, I asked for my cervix length at each scan, and did funnel towards the end of the pregnancy.  I had a planned c-section at 37.5 weeks where they removed the stitch at the same time.  I have a gorgeous 15 month old thanks to the cerclage.  I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant again and will have the stitch again.

Hope this gives you some hope.  Good luck with your pregnancy.

Lara xx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I had cervical cerclages with Amy and Matthew at 13 and 14 weeks. Both stayed put until term and are now happy healthy toddlers. ((hugs)) it can and does work!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You should be alright this time, just be positive. I had a rescue cerlage at 23 wks in 2009, i was already 4cm dilated and it held on until i had the baby at 35 wks. The only minor infection i had was thrush which i managed with canesten. I'm now 16 wks pregnant and had a stitch put in at 14 wks, and my consultant has also put me on Cyclogest pessary. I'm hoping this works like the last time. There are so many success stories and i pray ours will be one of them. Loads of  ^hugme^.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi Everyone,

Thank u so much for Ur replies and supportive words.... i m just praying god to have safe and healthy pregnancy. i m going to have it on Wednesday..

thank u so much... my prayers for u always...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts