Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just wondered whether anyone out there has had 'Cervical Dilation'.  Hubby and I have just failed our 4th attempt at IVF (the last one was ICSI, the first three IVF).  I always have traumatic transfers, the last one taking about an hour and so I am booked in for a cervical dilation in a couple of weeks, oh and a quick 'camera' check while they are in there!  Has anyone else had this done and does anyone have any good news stories following it? 
Thanks,
:-\Frizzie.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi there

I dont know if its the same thing but I had an op to "stretch" my cervix in January 06 as at a "dummy transfer" I bled.  Both transfers I had since then went without any discomfort (except the desperate to wee thing.... ;D). 

HTH

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Hi Frizzie,

i am having a cervical dilation next week, my ETs have all been horrible and really uncomfortable, I had IUI previously and am convinced they couldn't get it in the right place cos it was taking them so long. I really hope this does the trick and my next ET is perfect. The hospital told me that the longer it takes them to get through cervix the more it contracts which makes it an inhospitable environment for the embies so should have a better chance this time round  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I know of another girl from my clinic that had it done a couple of times and she now has an baby so it does work  :)

Good luck

Julia
xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
A friend of mine had it done as her EC were really difficult both for her & the consultant. The ET after this was done went really well & she did get a BFP but had had one previously before the dilation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies.  I just hope it makes a difference!

Good Luck to you Julia for your dilation next week - I will be having mine exactly a week later and hopefully a frozen embryo transfer in July, although we only have 2 frozen (haven't had any frozen until our last go at ICSI) so am hoping they survive the thaw.. 

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts