Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

I'm on day 9 of my short cycle, and I was wondering if you can help...I noticed quite a bit of mucus discharge this morning (charming...), and I was wondering if this is ok?? Does it mean I might be ovulating?
I'm on high doeses of Gonal-F and Menopur (due to very low AMH), and on my scan yesterday I had 7 follicles, one of which was already 15.5 mm! I take daily injectionsof Cetrotide to prevent ovulation, but I wonder...

Anybody out there had anything similar?

Thank you!
Giulia

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi Giulia,
I am at same stage as you and noticed last night (day 8 quite a bit of egg-white mucus. I panicked as thought I might ovulate prior to ec (hopefully wednesday) but when I googled it, it seems its quite common and lots of ladies experience this. It is a sign that your follies are growing and eggs maturing. Others have said not to worry, you won't ovulate.
You could always check with your clinic if you are worried.
Hope your finding your treatment ok, if you need a bit of moral support, visit us in Cycle Buddies Mar/Apr - Spring beginnings. Quite a few lovely ladies at the same stage

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  for your follies. Good luck!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi Ladies!  Dont worry, its common and most of us get it!  When I did, I googled like mad and researched soooo much, even contacted my clinic  ^idiot^ hahaha and they said it was normal!

Good luck with your treatment both of you x x

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks Lisa. Sorry to read about your BFN, all the best for your next cycle  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Hi girlies.. I'm so please I've read this thread as I'm on day 5 of stimms on flare protocol and I too have this mucas stuff just like ovulation stuff.. anyhow I too called the clinic today and I felt a right muppit when I cons said don't worry, your normal!! I mean.. what I wasn't normal before!?!?! haa haa anyway I guess that means we're all normal and that's a good thing surely!?!?!

Glad your all getting on well... So when's everyone's EC?? ekitten1 is your EC due tomorrow or next wednesday? I'm due sometime wed 20th or 22nd. Fingers crossed .

Good luck to you all.. Lets hope we have lots of follies and fab eggs between us!!

gnorry 7 follies is fab news... I wish I had that many.. my last scan only showed 5  :-\

lisa how long did it last for? I think mines tapering off now after 2 days?!?!

xx

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi hbkmorris.....I am having scan tomorrow and hopefully ec on friday. Im short protocol. Mondays scan didn't look as good as they would have liked so having couple extra days to grow the follies. Im excited but extremely anxious.

Good luck to you for next week, sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Good Luck with your scan, hope all your follies grow lots.

I'm sure I'll need a couple of days more as my follies are very lazy and didn't grow much at all last time (well all 4 of them!!) I do hope this time I get of them as I'm not sure we can afford another go straight away.

Keep us updated after your scan.. How exciting xx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everybody for your replies!
This board is great...

ekitten, I see from your signature that we are in a similar situation - we even started stimming at the same time! Hope your scan went well today - I'll keep an eye out for you on the Cycle Buddies thread :)

Lisax, hihi I love the  ^idiot^ icon, well I contacted my clinic too, and I still didn't believe it was ok so I still had to post here  ^idiot^

Hbkmorris - don't worry, 5 follies is good enough, and it's still early days and your next scan might show some more - keep the faith!

Thank you again everybody
xxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey girls,
We ended up getting 9 eggs out of 9 follies yesterday, yooohooo!
Today they told us that one was not mature, and another did not fertilise, so that leaves us with 7 embyes - very pleased about that.
I just hope they keep on dividing now....

Hbkmorris - we are in a very similar situation, let's hope we get some nice ones for transfer!!!

ekitten, you must be in your 2WW now- lots of sticky baby dust to you!
xxx
Giulia

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi Giulia,

7 embies is great, when is your et? Good luck with everything xx

I had et yesterday, so officially am pupo with 2 embies on board  ^afro^ . I really hope they stick  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey girls,

ekitten, congratulations on being pupo!!

We also have two onboard, had transfer today, and OTD is on the 6th of May...eeek
We also had 4 left that seemed to be doing ok, so we are culturing them on to see if they make it to a freezable blasto. But that's a lllot to ask, I know.

hbkmorris, you had ET today, too, right? how did it go?? I'll have a look in the cycle buddies thread to see how you are doing :)

Lots of love everyone
Giulia

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Hi thank you for thinking of me, Yes gnorry I had ET yesterday. As we had 3 top grade embies my cons wanted me to have SET as the thought of twins does worry me silly!! Anhow I've one onboard and two in the freezer for back up.

My OTD is 5th May.. Very nervous.

It's crazy but as I felt so good yesterday I didn't feel I could relax.. You'll never believe but as the nurse said right your all done I was really desperate for the loo so after going I then asked the nurse my embie won't fall out will it?? I mean how silly a dumb can you get!! Ha ha ha ha

Anyhow relax for the next 2 days at least and take it easy after that. Hope your doing the same.

How were your embies? two onboard too.. your a brave one.. I wish I was that brave!!

xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts