Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding that I have some CV at the normal time 9 - 14 days but then again one to two days before my period is this quite common and does it mean I am ovulating just before period?

Many thanks

Hxx
^wave^

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I'm not a nurse, but I do have a copy of Tony Weschler's book 'Taking charge of your fertility' which tells you everything you could ever need to know (and much, much more) about cervical mucus! I've just looked it up.

The sticky or wet stuff you get just before your period is completely normal and is nothing to do with ovulation or fertility. It is a sign that the corpus luteum has disintegrated (and fertilisation hasn't occurred)and that your period is coming (typically it will arrive 1 to 2 days later). Most of it is made up of water that had been part of the endometrial lining, apparently! I always know that my period will come the day after having this.

Hope that helps!
Emma, x
Emma

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Emma it is all very interesting, before trying for a baby I would never have noticed these things.

thanks again and good luck

Hxx ^goodluck^

·
Registered
479 Posts
I never get eggwhite at all and get creamy/sticky stuff at odd times throughout the month.  Does this mean anything?  I've been told I have a choc cyst on one ovary so I'm wondering if my ovaries are not working properly.  Could this be the reason?

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hi Lady,

I also never seem to notice if I get the 'right' CM and also get the white/creamy discharge but only int he 2nd half of my cycle so am also interested if anyone can shed some light on this.

Debs
xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.