Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure I have read somewhere that you can take a vitamin/supplement to help with producing & quality of CM. Could anyone point in me in the right direction.
many thanks
Nats

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi
I've replied to your post on the "ask a nurse" board....I take evening primrose oil (with starflower) for my PMT & I've read that it also helps improve the "right" mucus....
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Hi there
I loosely followed the suggestions in the Marilyn Glenville Book "Natural Solutions to Infertility"  -didn't give up many of the things she suggests giving up entirely (e.g. red meat, caffeine, alcohol, sugar) but did cut down on them a lot.  Also followed her supplement suggestions. I found that this gave a dramatic improvement in my cervical mucus and I started getting "egg white" mucus where I did not before (sorry if this is tmi). So this might be worth a try
x
Alvie

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe you were thinking of medicines for chesty coughs (Benylin chesty original)? They are supposed to make the bronchial mucous more runny and therefore improve a chesty cough by helping to get rid of the mucous. They also make cervical mucous more runny and therefore, easier for the sperms to swim.

xx
V.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi
Just wanted to add that I drinking grapefruit juice also helps with EWCM. I never had a problem with EWCM but since being on Clomid I didn't want to chance it so take the Evening Primrose (always used to for my PMT anyway), as well as drink lots of grapefruit juice. I'm also planning on trying out the cough medicine theory this cycle as it was mentioned to me months ago..

Regards the cough medicine mentioned...check out these links...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/expert/561004.html

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html

Good luck & take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
i'm going to give the cough medicine thing a go as i don't seem to produce much cm.  it seems the ingredient guaifenesin is the main thing that works it, can we get that on its own?

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Flower :)

I've replied to your post on the Clomid thread. The expectorant cough medicine I got was Sainsbury's own with guaifenesin. Not sure if you can buy that active ingredient on its own ???

Good luck & take care ^reiki^
Natasha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.