Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone recommend anything too help with production & quality of CM.

Many thanks
Nats

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi
I've read quite alot that grapefruit juice & also evening primrose oil help create the right kind of swimmer friendly mucus !!

I drink lots of grapefruit juice anyway & have been taking evening primrose oil (with starflower) capsules for years for my dreadful PMT....not sure if it has actually helped me regards good cervical mucus as I've never really had a problem there....but I start 3mths course of Clomid next cycle & I've heard that Clomid can dry out the mucus so will see then whether the grapefruit & E.P.O. help....

I'd also be interested to know if there's anything else that might help....

Good luck...
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Natasha will go & stock up.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Nats

Sorry, but I can't help you on the CM subject.  But, I've noticed that you had high FSH and it has been coming down.  I also have high FSH..23 last time (only 32!).  Could you let me know if you have done anything to reduce your levels?

Many thanks

Joanne

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hi Nats,

Good green tea is supposed to be good. I get a high quality tea from a japanese shop in central london.It makes tea that is green rather than brown if you know what I mean. :)

Evening primrose oil up to O then flax seed oil after O because ep oil can cause uterine contractions.

If you want to thin the CM you have try Robitussin, not the chesty cough variety as that's the one that's bad for pregnancy. But the regular one contains the expectorant that will thin mucas.

Pineapple (the core bit from the centre) is good for implantation.

drink 2 litre of water per day

Good luck!

Louise

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Bit of conflicting advice here!

The link states that the one to use is that which has Guaifensin as its main ingredient which is the one for Chesty coughs, the dry cough mixture does just that, dries it up and contains other ingredients which you should not take.  As per the link you are not using it in pregnancy but to try and acheive it.

Good luck.  I tried it and it really did work, lots of it!!!!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
alex28 said:
Bit of conflicting advice here!

The link states that the one to use is that which has Guaifensin as its main ingredient which is the one for Chesty coughs, the dry cough mixture does just that, dries it up and contains other ingredients which you should not take. As per the link you are not using it in pregnancy but to try and acheive it.

Good luck. I tried it and it really did work, lots of it!!!!
oops! yes, you're right. My mix up. It shouldn't produce more cm, but works on thinning the cm you already have.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
londonlou said:
Pineapple (the core bit from the centre) is good for implantation.
There are conflicting views regards pineapple (there is a separate thread on this).....personally I think it's fine, everything in moderation, but I also have read that it's the fresh pineapple (especially the core centre) that should be avoided as it contains the enzyme bromelain which can cause uterine contractions.....however, processed pineapple, therefore tinned or juice, should be fine since the enzyme will have been destroyed in the processing.....pineapple contains selenium which is good for a healthy endometrium.

Sorry for the different, conflicting suggestions !!
Take care
Natasha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.