Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm due to start the cetrotide (?) cycle , can you tell me what the side effects can be and whether its more advantagous to do this.  I dont respond to treatment very well and will be on 400 puregon every day.  So hoping to make at least 2 more eggs which will make all the difference for me.  Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Cetrotide works by just suppressing your LH while the stims work with your own hormones to hopefully produce more follicles and eggs. You will start the cetrotide once you have follicles reaching 14mm. Side effects are minimal, mainly skin reactions but I am sure everyone else will let you know if they had any other side effects.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hi Nicola,

I've had the same protocol as you, puregon 400 and cetrotide, and never had any side effects. My response is quite low too. I think for my last cycle the scan showed 12 follies, but several conatined no egg or were not mautre enough but I got at least 2 good embies. I think quality is more important than quantity  ;)

Sushi xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.