Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I was just wondering if there has been any research about the succes rates of ICSI with different genetic disorders. My DH has one known CF gene, do embryos fertilised with sperm from men with the CF gene hold less chance of a succesful pregnancy, or has no research of this type been done?.

Thankyou Peter in advance

Vick.
xxxx ???

·
Registered
856 Posts
QueenVic said:
Hi Peter

I was just wondering if there has been any research about the succes rates of ICSI with different genetic disorders. My DH has one known CF gene, do embryos fertilised with sperm from men with the CF gene hold less chance of a succesful pregnancy, or has no research of this type been done?.

Thankyou Peter in advance

Vick.
xxxx ???
The risk here is that the chance of your baby suffering from CF is much higher. You need to get very specific advice from your clinic and probably see a genetic counsellor before going ahead with any treatments.

Good luck!

Peter

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter.

Thanks for your advice, but Ive already done my treatment :( I have two Embryo's on board with me ::) But they did test me if I was a carrier too and I was'nt, so does that make things better? The clinic says the chances are 1% of our child having CF gene (I think, cant realy remember)

But I just would like to know if this Gene effect a sucsessful pregnancey ???

Thanks Peter.

Vick
xxxx

·
Registered
856 Posts
QueenVic said:
Hi Peter.

Thanks for your advice, but Ive already done my treatment :( I have two Embryo's on board with me ::) But they did test me if I was a carrier too and I was'nt, so does that make things better?

Yes, the embryos will all be OK if you are not a carrier.

The clinic says the chances are 1% of our child having CF gene (I think, cant realy remember)

That's right, the risk is low

But I just would like to know if this Gene effect a sucsessful pregnancey ???

No, it will not effect the pregnancy

Good luck!

Peter
Thanks Peter.

Vick
xxxx

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Peter :) much appreciated.

Vick