Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about to bombard with questions but suddenly Its hit me I'm 28 weeks tomorrow I might have to start thinking about things!
For those of you with toddler and newborn what change bag are good- I have a P&T pushchair so can't hang it on handles either. I can't afford a yummy mummy type one I'd love too so I need one on a limited budget oh and DH needs to be able to carry it too, so a neutral colour as have a green pushchair.
does anyone use a skip hop dash?? I know not that cheap would prefer a cheaper one lol but like them! I have a duo currently and wondering if the dash any bigger.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi there

Join the boots pregnancy/parenting club (free) and you not only get goodie bags and money off stuff but also a free changing bag that contains a great portable changing mat.  Ok its not "super fantastic" I guess compared maybe to the all singing all dancing ones but supposedly its worth £30 and if you dont like it it doesnt matter!

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got that one and the huggies one from DD.  Not heard anything from the parenting club since I tried to update with this baby.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Oh ok it was just a thought ;)  I had to chase them for my stuff and it then came within 2 days.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DH says he wouldn't carry it and have to say I'm not that keen and would I get 2 sets of nappies and clothes in??  if people have done I may give it a go for a bit till I see if can get the maternity grant and then treat myself

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hi - the best changing bag I had was one that wasn't really a changing bag - IYKWIM.  I got a messanger type bag from one of the cheapy shoe shops before we went abroad last year.  Sure they do them in lots of different colours and it was only a fiver and lasted for ages.

The reason I got it was that all the 'proper' changing bags just have popper or velcro fastenings and we were going abroad so wanted something that fastened properly (ie wth a zip) so everything didn't fall out on the plane.  I never went back to my £30 Verbaudet one.

I know you don't get a little changing mat etc with it but I think you can get these separately (or just use a towel?)

Wolla
x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh thanks Wolla will take a look, we have the change mats from the freebie bags so thats not a problem.  just been looking in mothercare at bags and couldn't come up with one i liked

·
Registered
526 Posts
I joined the Bounty club- no reply at all. Shall I chase them up?

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I would chase them it worked for me.
)
BTW if anyone doesnt use their changing mat from the boots bag I would be happy to take it off their hands (or can advise me of another one that I can fit into it. Ive lost mine  :mad:

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
:)

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
may take a little bit as in the dreaded cupboard under the stairs (ie everything piled in out of the way cupboard) but will look when DD gone to bed

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hello

Clare, do you have a TKMAX near you? They have lots of stuff for babies and brands too. I spent £40 for my bag a Samsonite (love their practical design) and found it last month in TKMAXX for £7 worth a few trips.

Good luck

Steph

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Claire I was thinking would have to wear the bag on me, so was looking for messenger style but now will consider ones with short handles (not that I think DH will want one ofthem lol!)
Noticed on the review thread you had a skip hop was it a dash would it take enough for 2?? think the double skip hop is huge!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
☺Clare☺ said:
DH says he wouldn't carry it and have to say I'm not that keen and would I get 2 sets of nappies and clothes in?? if people have done I may give it a go for a bit till I see if can get the maternity grant and then treat myself
I have one and in it i can get a full change for both of mine plus all the other bits like nappies, sacks, cream, wipes oh and my stuff!

i have a skip hop duo too and i like it with the factor of putting it on the pushchair

xxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
umm maybe I won't need a new one after all will have to try my duo or at least  DH could have that for when he out with them and I get a nice new one may be that is a plan

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
EBW

have a look in Toys R Us, they do a portable mat and it also comes with the thin plastic box for storing wipes in so you don't have to carry about the full pack - hassle!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hiya,

I have the Skip Hop Expo which is similar to the duo but with an expandable bottom iykwim.  I think it cost £56 so not cheap but not extortionate.  Got it from Happybags.co.uk and mine is the black one.

Mel x

/links

1 - 20 of 35 Posts