Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,
I have just had a 4th failed ICSI. On my sencond attempt I did get a positive but was a blited ovum. I'm at an NHS hospital but part paying for treatment (costing £2000).
I have been on Menepur for all of my cycles, 4 amps. When I called the hos they said I should have another go but up the dosage to 5 amps, I asked if the drug should be changed but they said no.
I only had 4 eggs collected, three fertilised but two were only good enough (1 grade 8, 1 grade 9, 10 being best)
What do think of this, should I make any changes.
Thanks
Maxi.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

maxi said:
Hi Peter,
I have just had a 4th failed ICSI. On my sencond attempt I did get a positive but was a blited ovum.

Sorry to hear this

I'm at an NHS hospital but part paying for treatment (costing £2000).
I have been on Menepur for all of my cycles, 4 amps.

You could try Gonal F although it will be more expensive

When I called the hos they said I should have another go but up the dosage to 5 amps, I asked if the drug should be changed but they said no.

After 4 fails you deserve a full and thorough review of you case, not just 'let's give you more drugs!' Arrange to see a consultant for a review.

I only had 4 eggs collected, three fertilised but two were only good enough (1 grade 8, 1 grade 9, 10 being best)
What do think of this, should I make any changes.

Make sure that you get a full review of your history to date before going on to another cycle.

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks
Maxi.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Peter,

What can I ask then to do and what should they be offering to do?

Thanks,
Maxi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts