Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are seeing our consultant tomorrow to review our third failed icsi cycle. We are going to change clinic but are not 100% sure on where we are off to next. How do we get our notes sent on to the clinic we choose? Would we be allowed to take our notes with us or do we have to get the consultant to send them on? Any help gratefully recieved.  :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Elizabeta,

I think in order to get a copy of your file you just need to ask the admin staff to make you a copy and most clinics charge you for that. You might want to ask if they can send it too but personally if I had to pay for it I would rather pick up the copy and take it to the new clinic myself, as I know my hospitals postage system is horrendous (not all are like this of course!).

Also you will need a referral letter either from your GP or one of the fertilty doctors from your current clinic, as most clinics require this and it`s best to check to make sure.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Roses

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good luck! you can change clinics without a referral letter if you are private?...Call the clinic you are interested in and see :)

xxx

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Elizabeta  :)

I asked for our copy of our notes, prior to our consultation with our new clinic.  I wasn't charged, we were private at an nhs clinic, I supppose it depends where you are.

Best of luck with your treatment going forward.

Louj x  :)

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Elizabeta

Best of luck for your future treatment  ^reiki^  Well done on biting the bulletx

Louj x  :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That`s great news Elizabeta! Not long until you start again. We have been to the most recent Lister open evening. They look professional and definitely have great success rates. All the best!!

Rosesxxxx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
We have been to a few actually and they take place 6-7pm usually. Lister gave some refreshments and the doctor did a slide show of the txs they do and stages and so on. They sent their brochure before we went which was very useful.

Open evenings are only good if you want to get an idea about the distance and time travel wise and haven`t decided about which clinic to go too. Once you have decided, it`s better to get your consultation appt instead. Is the 3 week wait for your consultation? They did say it`s 2-3 weeks for the consultations.

Here`s how I passed my driving theory test, I bought one of those DVDs made for the hazard perception part of the theory and practised at home. It really does give you good practise as I really hated that part too!! There`s really good tips on it too. Mind you I studied for both the theory part and the hazard perception only with DVDs on my computer at home instead of that thick massive book of questions. It`s more fun with the dvds.

Don`t you just hate it when people just pop them out and go about telling others that it was soo ^swear^ easy for them. 'Oh bugger off' I would say...

Don`t worry it will happen to us all ^pray^ ^pray^, it only just takes time and patience as these txs aren`t always straight forward. We just have to pick ourselves up and keep going.

^hugme^ ^hugme^ coming your way,

Roses xxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts