Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been on 50mg of clomid for 3 months and have had 1 failed IUI. I am due to have my 2nd and last IUI this cycle but am no longer on clomid and I was just wondering if it may alter my cycle .When I started the clomid my cycles were shorter and I bled for fewer days.Any advice would be great

Kelly x

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hiya

Im on my second lot of clomid, I was on clomid for 6 months last year and am now on month 3 of a 12 month course.  what Ive noticed is that my cycle is shorter on clomid also.  Before starting my cycle was on average 31 - 33 days.  On clomid my cycle is around 26 - 28 days.  So yes, I agree with your observation that clomid does affect the length of cycle but apart form that I dont have any answers Im afraid.  I am taking clomid on days 2 - 6, not sure which days you were taking it but that may also have an effect on length of cycle.

Hope you get some answers and good luck with your treatment.

Regards

Carolyn

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Carolyn,

Sounds like the clomid has a similar effect to your cycle as mine,I was upto 33 days then down to 28.I was just a bit worried as I am going for a scan on day 16 this cyclye as they said cos I am off the clomid I should ov later,lets hope so!!

Thanks for the reply

Kelly x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.