Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone tell me if its best to mix the formula/cows milk together at first or should i just try Benjamin on cows milk alone. He has cows milk mixed in with his cereal & hasnt had any reactions to it.

Thanks

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Karen - I didn't mix the two as such - just started off with it for breakfast, then breakfast and afternoon drink and finally (once I had finished the box!) did it for all drinks. Seemed to work fine and it's so much easier not having to make up formula any more!!

Hope this helps,

Celia

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Celia

I think when he is one in 3 weeks, i will try his morning feed with cows milk.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I just went straight onto full fat cows milk with Jack a couple of weeks after his first birthday. Didn't even consider allergies as formula is based on cows milk, so if there was going to be an intolerence, then there would have been to regular formula (as opposed to soya based). The reason for not using it too much before is because it's harder on baby's kidneys before this age, plus of course the diet of a younger baby doesn't always compensate for the lost vitamins and minerals that formula gives.

Big step moving away from formula I think. Makes them seem so grown up ( :( and ;D in the same breath lol).

Jayne x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts