Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a query.

I have been charting for about 8 months and have found it really fascinating. However, is there any point/need to continue as we are going for ICSI?

Just wondered if the drugs will affect the temps too much for them to be valid or if any of the consultants are even interested in looking at them. The NHS one wasn't too fussed.

Am in 2 minds about continuing at the moment and any one elses experiences would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Sal

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hi Sal,

I haven't been 'charting' as such, but I was using Persona when ttc.  When I found out we would need ICSI I asked if I should continue to track when I ovulate and was told not to bother, as downregging etc overrides all that.  I have continued to use Persona, but only so I'd know in advance what day AF would arrive, or in case SSR is unsuccessful and we go for DIUI, in which case knowing when I ovulate would help to know when to make an appointment.

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not!
Best of luck with your tx.
Caroline

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Sal,

My NHS clinic was totally disinterested in my charts as the drugs change everything once you have started.

What they are interested in is always which day of your cycle you are on. If you have regular cycles and know (for example) that you ovulate on day 14 that is far much as I was ever asked.

Each clinic has their own treatment protocol and for the short cycle I had to do no tracking (apart from knowing the current day). For the FET and the long cycle they asked me to test for ovulation using a home test and then proceed to their next stage.

Hope that this helps.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts