Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

I don't know if I am posting in the right place, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience of taking their temperature in order to detect ovulation?

I have unexplained infertility and conceived my son through IVF.  I don't want to sound ungrateful, as he is our world and if we only ever have him, I still feel extremely blessed and lucky.

We are thinking about number 2 and before using our frostie's in the Summer we would like to try naturally. I have been using the OPK monthly, but like a previous post stated sometimes it is better to Bed a few days before so that the sperm can get in position before the egg is released.

Can anyone help me?

x

·
Premium Member
5,521 Posts
Hi ya

I have chartered for age, but finally gave up!

Right you should start taking your temp first thing in the morning same time every day from day 1 of your cycle. When you ovulate your temp will rise a few points. So I usually got from 36.4 to 36.9 ish after ovulation. Progestron is a warming hormone so if it stays high towards when AF is due then you could be pregnant, however thats not always the way. Normally your temp with drop a day before AF is due.

There is a good wedsite that you can chart your temp in a grid. www.fertilityfriend.com I would definatly give it a go.

There is a problem with charting your temp, one you have to remember everyday! And it doesnt pin point ovulation really as your temp will rise the day after ovulation... I would stick with the OPK's and give the temping ago.

The months I use my clearblue monitor and did my temping/charting I got a natural BFP, my temp stayed high until the day I started bleeding.
Good luck both of you

Natalie xxx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi there, I charted my temperature and did other things like monitor cervical fluid and it helped me get pregnant (though miscarried unfortunately). I never had any luck with the ovulation predictor tests and never got a positive result. As skybreeze said, your body temperature will only rise after you have ovulated, which doesn't really help you know when to time sex. But monitoring your cervical fluid can tell you when you are approaching ovulation.

I would really recommend the book Taking charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler. It's brilliant, and at about £12 on Amazon it's cheaper than ovulation kits or monitors.

Best of luck

xx

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me ladies.  But like you have said, if your temperature rises after ovulation, then it is a waste of time really.  I suppose all I can do is try and do the deed more!

Thanks again.

Stacey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.