Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 4 IVF cycles and had 2 chemical pregnancies and there doesn't seem to be any clarification as to why I have chemical pregnancies. Could it be the quality of my embryo's or a problem with my uterus? I know that emotionally and physically I can only go through IVF one more time and I'm not sure if perhaps surrogacy maybe a safer way of getting a successful pregnancy. Has anyone been through the same problem?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Biebs, I am so sorry to hear about your tx history. With apologies for the short reply as I am typing from my phone, I wondered if you had considered having your immunes tested? There is a great FAQ on the immunes thread by a lady called Agate and a book called 'Is Your Body Baby Friendly' that's worth a read. The main places in the UK that follow the protocol are CARE, ARGC and Dr Gorgy (who will treat you whilst undergoing tx at your own clinic)

The other thing to consider is whether your embryos are chromosonally ok. A couple of clinics (eg CARE, Oxford Fertility Unit) offer CGH testing where they can check the chromosones.

Hope this helps and good luck

Lulu
Xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lulu - thanks for your reply. My last treatment was at the ARGC and the main reason was because I wanted to have my immune tested. They all came back okay apart from my natural killer cells which were slightly over the recommended average. They tested again in my cycle and the NKC were normal but I was taking a baby aspirin every day, blood thinners and steroids. I'm not sure I could go back to the ARGC, their treatment is so intense and you really need to have the 2 weeks off before EC and 2 weeks after transfer. My work were very understanding however I doubt I'll be able to get 4 weeks authorised again! Thanks for the info on the book, I will look into it x

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hiya Biebs

Firstly, huge hugs for you hun  ^hugme^

I've had a quick search through the site, there's lots of useful info. Just tap in 'chemical pregnancy' tick the advanced search box and then tick the 'Search in topic subjects only ' box.

Wishing you lots of luck with your next cycle xx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ceri

Thanks for the search tip!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Juat a quick message.

Have you looked at DNA fragmentation in MFI?

B.

·
Registered
93 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts