Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

Would you know of any stats on how successful the chemical versus the laser assisted hatching technique is?

My understanding is that laser is far more accurate, whereas the chemical way can cause damage to the embryo and has a lower success rate.

Would you happen to know if this is true, or is it just down to clinic preference?

Many thanks
Julie

·
Registered
856 Posts
Jules JE said:
Hi Peter

Would you know of any stats on how successful the chemical versus the laser assisted hatching technique is?

I have only used mechanical i.e. a needle type instrument for hatching. The clinic I work for in Canada very sucessfully uses chemical hatching on blastocysts. I have not used a laser but I would guess that it is as good as the needle type hatching as long as the opertaor is experienced.

Hope this helps!

Peter

My understanding is that laser is far more accurate, whereas the chemical way can cause damage to the embryo and has a lower success rate.

Would you happen to know if this is true, or is it just down to clinic preference?

Many thanks
Julie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peter,

Yes this helps ALOT!! Thanks a million. Feel much more confident now. Had a horrible thought that my clinic was back in the Iron ages with technology, but obviously not!!

Again, thanks so much.

Julie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts