Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, we're new to these boards and completely new to the process of trying for a baby. We are a newlywed lesbian couple wishing to have a child through IUI. We've just been told there is no NHS funding in Chester to help us so we're looking at private options. Is anyone in Chester or Manchester going through this? Has anyone managed to actually secure NHS help? I've already posted on the LGBT forum and they are very welcoming but they don't have the local knowledge. Even if the treatment you are having is different what clinics would you recommend in the Manchester / Liverpool / Chester areas?  Are their any support groups we could join? It's a bit overwhelming when you start out so any help welcome :) Many thanks, Emma and Ange x

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi,

Not got a load of answers for you but I went through the Countess of Chester for my 3 IVF's (self funding the last) and found them fantastic. I saw Mr Woods and Mr Haddad who were open and friendly and you could ask them anything. Karen is the head nurse and the real boss of the dept and she is brilliant as well as are all the nurses. They made the process as easy as possible and unlike Liverpool answer the phones! I would def look into Chester to see what you think.

Sorry I can't help with anything else.

Good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kestra,

Thanks for your reply, that's good to know. We're hoping to start out with IUI and I think that's where we might struggle with funding but that's so helpful to know there are people there who are approachable to find out. Our GP didn't even point us in the direction of the local hospital and was quite dismissive to be honest so we need to keep investigating. Best of luck with your IVF journey!

Emma and Ange x

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi ladies, I'm using Shrewsbury clinic and finding it great! Super quick and super helpful. This is my first cycle so not too many tips in afraid. Only try not to get sucked into success rates and do the journey to the clinics before you pick as you may want to consider one which is not too far away as all the travelling can be hard going! Xx

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there thanks for your reply. Yeah one thing I am really having to reign in is getting hung up on the success rates! It's hard not to do really. Good tip about the clinic, I was already giving this some thought actually as I work in Manchester so it's probably kinder to my work if I go somewhere in the City...the practicalities must make a difference and I don't want to **** off my boss or fall behind xx

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi there both care and mfs are in Manchester and both get good feedback. They both do egg share programmes too if you go on to ivf and finances are an issue. You get but very reduced cost treatment in exchange for donating half your eggs to someone who needs them.

I am with care if you want any more info x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts