Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Am trying to get hold of a suit for J's christening and around here everyone seems to get that out of the way before they're 3 months old so haven't been able to find anything big enough for J to wear - he will be 12 months on the day. I wondered if anyone's used the chidrenswear.co.uk website before and any comments? Good or bad. They will ship to me which is great as I'm not in the UK but clothes descriptions don't even mention what fabrics the clothes are made of and wouldn't want to end up with something that looks/feels horrible especially as there really won't be time for an alternative by the time it gets here. We're planning the christening for the 26th.
Thanks!
X

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi Bikergirl!

Haven't used the particular site but there is a small childrens boutique in the town I live in that do a gorgeous range of christening clothes. I've had a quick look and they do go up to mini bikers age. Its called little cherubs and they do most of their business online now. Its run by a mother and daughter and they are so helpful. Worth a look maybe? www.littlecherubsclothing.co.uk

Good luck, hope you get it sorted

Angela xx

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have bought several items from them and have always been really pleased - I recommended them on here a few months ago actually.  The material is fine, it's not the best quality ever but it is great for the amount of times it will be worn.  I bought a little pinstripe suit for my DS for £12.99 which came with a shirt and tie and I lost count of the amount of compliments he received.  Make sure you measure your LO and check the sizes on the website for the particular item you want though as the sizing varies quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for replying!! I'll definitely keep both in mind for future reference!
Given the time of year I've decided not to take the risk with a parcel being mailed out to me as don't want to spend the next two weeks chewing on my fingernails hoping it'll get here on time. As luck would have it today I spotted  cream coloured courderoy pair of trousers in a shop. They were actually in the girls section but they're completely plain so nothing to indicate whether they should be girls' as opposed to boys'. They actually had an identical pair in the boys' section - the only difference being the boys one had a button (just for show) sewn onto the waistband, but, for some weird reason, the boys' ones were shorter!! So I just got the girl ones. I hope he never finds out when he grows up! heehee!!!! I have a cream coloured shirt from Monsoon which will go beautifully with them. I'll post a pic!!  ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds perfect! Don't blame you. My brother has posted something to me and it hasn't even left the postbox yet the weathers so hideous! Hope it goes well and I'll look forward to the pics! 

Angela xx

ps our poor sons-mines wearing tights under his trousers at the mo  ;D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! Mine gets tights too if we're going out and it's cold. He won't keep socks on at all...by the time i have the 2nd one on the 1st one's already flown across the room. and don't get me started on trying to get booties or soft shoes of any sort on him!!!!It's his fault!!!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.