Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new on-line here and looking for some new friends who don't think I'm mad trying alternative therapies. I already have one little girl aged three who took 8 years to conceive and have been trying again for over two years (you know, the "try not the think about it, because it'll just happen" saying). I'm sure I finally got pregnant before because I made organic diet changes/herbal supplements then(and a visit to Cerne Abbos!!)

About six weeks ago, I changed my diet to make it more healthy, and organic and have been consuming wheatgrass and algae ever since. I bought the book Inconceivable and the Infertility Cure a couple of weeks ago and it was so positive about the Chinese Medicine thing I was reading I went out and got a few things like the Agnes cactus straight away.

Anyway, I'm up the bank this morning and a new Chinese medicine shop has opened this week. Feeling like it was an good omen, in I go, and after a free consultation, I decided to go for it there and then as they had a space. Mad eh.. I have never had acupuncture before, but it was an amazing feeling and I'm still feeling great this afternoon. Apparently, my kidney yang is all wrong, among other things. So I hand over my money (what will my husband think) and come home with a couple of boxes of herbs and instructions to eat warm/hot foods, take hot baths, chart my temperature, and eat lamb...and a heap other stuff too.

The Chinese doctor hardly spoke English, but had a translator and was registered and practicing for over 15 years, so I feel confident (I hope). Apparently, he said after two months, my body and cycle would be more healthy, and then I would "have baby". Sounds really simple eh!

Anyway, I would love to chat with anyone who wants to, and has experienced this first hand. My friends think I am bonkers...but with exception for one who is currently on IVF, they seem to knock out babies within the month and it's a bit of an awkward subject. They just don't understand.

Best Wishes, Mary

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Wow Mary :)

Welcome.....is this new shop your good omen :) ???

It has to be worth a go...anything has in my opinion.  I am sure some of the girls on here have tried it and will repsond to you :)

Good luck...and please let us know the outcome :)

Amanda x

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Mary

I haven't tried it yet, but I have an appointment with a practitioner in Chinese herbal medicine/acupuncture this week!  Apparently she has had some very good results working with people with fertility problems, so I'm feeling v positive about it.  :)

Good luck, I hope it works for you!  I hope the new shop, and your impulse decision to give it a try, are good omens for you.

^fairydust^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts