Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

After 3 failed ICSI attempts, DE may be the only option left for me, but don't know where to start, I have already been told by my clinic (along with a couple of other clinics) that they do not have any Chinese/Oriental donors and they are really rare.

I feel that those of you who are/have been in the same predicament as me, may be able to help as you may have done a lot of homework looking for a Chinese/Oriental donor (in both the U.K. and abroad) ... I would be grateful if you can let me know your findings/experiences, as it will help to reduce the amount chasing around I have to do. I feel completely lost and desperate (after my BFN yesterday) as I feel that time is no longer on my side.

Your help will be much appreciated,
Lyn
xxx

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Will reply to your pm later... one option might be to see Chinese sperm and use caucasian eggs, if your DP was open to that? As sperm is easier to obtain (I'm not sure if you could import it from the US)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Lyn,

I wanted to reply to your post yesterday but didn't get chance... sorry

Excuse my ignorance here, but am I right in thinking Chinese people won't donate due to their beliefs?  I hope I am wrong, and if I am, could you not advertise for an altruistic donor?  I have seen quite a few ladies from ethnic backgrounds advertising on ivfworld.com, it may be worth a try. If I am right, what do other Chinese ladies do who have fertility problems, surely they just don't except they will never have children / or do they?

I am so sorry you feel so lost and desperate; two horrible words to sum up how we have all felt at some stage or another!  I hope with all my heart you can find a soloution... Drownedgirl suggestion sounds promising Lyn, please don't give up! Where there's a will, there's a way.

Good luck and best wishes,

Birchie xx

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Lyn,

Try having a look at Jetanin Institute, Bangkok - it seems they have egg donors!

You may already know, but just in case.

Birchie (Mrs Doyle to some)  ;) You;ll know who I mean  :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts