Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I wonder whether you could help.  I went to visit my consultant yesterday and he said he didn't think I should have chlamydia he said that he didn't believe it affected fertility other than to cause tubal blockages.  He said that he had treated patients before who had fallen pregnant who had blocked tubes due to chlamydia and he said the rate at which they fall pregnant was pretty similar to those who had not had chlamydia.

I have already had one ds who was conceived naturally and I don't believe I've done anything to put myself at risk of developing it anyway.  What do you think I should do?  I have already (Wednesday) painstakingly collected 2ml of menstrual blood.

Many thanks for your help.

Jenny

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
docs disagree on all sorts of things... i would do the test because what have you got to lose?  and you'd be kicking yourself if you held of and found you did have it later?

best wishes

A x

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Jenny Ive had naturral twins in the past and another pregnancy wih no problems at all.  However, my last consultant did a swab for Chlamydia and all negative which DH and I were happy about.  We still have not conceived afer 3 years of trying. 
So we went to Gorgy for the hidden chlamydia test and my consultant told us we were wasting our time, however my test has come back positive for the hidden C. Moral of the story is if u dont test u'll never know. We are now on antibiotics and hopefully will clear hidden C and conceive.  No point spending £6000 only to doubt myself if the test comes back neg again.  Just need to cover all angles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts