Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you chocoholics

I have been researching into choc and caffeine and i have copied some info about it from different sites. I dont know how true this is and its up to the individual to do what they think is best for thenselves.

SITE 1
Theobromine occurs naturally in cocoa beans and is present in all chocolate products. The amount of theobromine in the finished product depends on the type of chocolate used and the serving size. Milk chocolate contains less theobromine than semi-sweet or dark chocolate. Theobromine has a mild diuretic action (increases urine production) similar to caffeine, but does not stimulate the central nervous system like caffeine.
It is saying that there is no caffeine in chocolate but something called theobromine instread which gets confused as caffeine

SITE2
There isn't very much caffeine in chocolate. You'd need to eat a LOT of chocolate to equal the caffeine in one cup of coffee.

well I hope this has been helpful to all you chocoholics.

I think i will have small amounts of choc a day ie- one square or two
but stop it after egg transfer to be on the safe side.

Take care
Sarah

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sarah,

That is excellent news!

Can I start on my tin of Xmas Roses now???? ;D

dotty xx

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Sarah

That's really good news. I am managing fine without my usual cups of tea but I am glad that the odd bit of choc wont hurt!

FLH x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts