Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i am fairly new 2 the site. not sure if its the rite place 2 post but hav also posted elsewhere. my story so far : suffered for yrs with pain and constipation, suspected i had endo but dismissed by gynae  :mad:  until severe pain led to diagnosis of a large chocolate cyst on the ovary. had lap and diag stage 3 endo. am ttc and due to see gynae in a month 2 discuss further options if no BFP by then.

have found this site very helpful so far. all u wondrful ladies are so supportive and informative  :)
just wondering did anyone with a chocolate cyst go on to conceive naturally after surgery?

tk care
zaraxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Zara

Think I recognise you from endo site (NES) :)

I'd suffered constant gynae probs since starting periods at 12 & was finally diagnosed with endo 17yrs ago (in fact getting on for 18yrs now - where does the time go ! :-\ ) & have had 4 ops over the years. At one point I was even told it was "growing pains" & I should basically just "shut up & put up" as all women had period pains :mad: ^bigbad^ When I was diagnosed at 1st lap (also had surgical treatment at same time) I was told I'd never conceive naturally as such a mess (not given stage back then but since been told stage 4)...pretty devasting as I was only 19 at the time. Both my ovaries were stuck to both my tubes, then all stuck to pelvis, tubes blocked, womb stuck to bladder, endo in pod, on bowel, as well as chocolate cysts (endometrioma's) on both ovaries...pretty much endo & adhesions everywhere inside my pelvis.

After the 4 ops (laser, diathermy & last 2 included excision), as well as an HSG...my tubes are nolonger blocked (dye pushed through obstructions - endo/old blood) but they're still damaged & sluggish. My last lap/dye was in May last year & since then I've been virtually pain free & living endo free - something I'd never have believed possible to be honest. (I also have a bicornuate uterus - kinda heart shaped - nothing to do with endo - but has caused uterine adhesions - have had separate surgery for this - hysteroscopies)

However, even though I was told it wasn't possible to conceive naturally, I have managed to 3 times....first was 15 yrs ago & sadly ended in termination & more recently I've had 2 early miscarriages this year....none of this was endo related but because of other things (combination of uterine adhesions, polyps & recently diagnosed with "sticky blood"). So although I've not managed to sustain a pregnancy, I have been able to conceive after surgery. Fingers crossed I'll eventually go on to have a healthy, full term pregnancy asap :)

I also have a good friend (work colleague) who has severe endo, chocolate cysts, adhesions & fibroids & after 7 years of trying & many ops, she finally conceived & her little boy is now 3 yrs old (she was about 39 when she conceived).

Was your lap purely a diagnostic or did you have any laser/diathermy/excision to remove the endo/chocolate cysts ? There is a window of about 9mths/1 yr following a lap with surgical treatment, where chances of conception are improved since everything will have been "cleared out" (so to speak).

Anyway, have typed far more than I planned too...feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions...but the ladies here are lovely.

Good luck & take care
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi natasha

thanx 4 the replies here and on the NES site. it means so much just to touch base with other people who understand as so little is known bout endo that u can feel quite isolated at times.

my lap was both diagnostic and therapeutic so had the cyst and deposits excised. howeva he didnt interfere with the small deposits on my other ovary as he said he wanted to preserve the ovary as far as possible. he found lots of adhesions and tried to sort that out but didnt want to interfere with the bowel too much so i hope that doesnt give me problems. he did explain that best time to conceive is now after surgery and i am due to see him next mnth to discuss the way forward.

i am so sorry to hear bout ur losses. i can only imagine how painful it must be but at least u know u CAN conceive and hopefully soon u wil be able to sustain a pregnancy. i am finding it so difficult as so...many people i know r pregant....friends, cousins, colleagues and seemingly without any problems. i wonder if they realise how lucky they really r??? anyway i am going to try 2 be positive :)

luv zara xxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Zara

Welcome to fertilityfriends

I am glad that ur finding the site helpful

I also recently had surgery to deal with chocolate cysts

We are not ttc naturally though we are awaiting ivf

Mainly because i only have one ovary and its polycystic and the ovary is badly diseased with cysts thru it which cannot be fully removed

Wishing u lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

Why not come join us on the endo chit chat thread and join in with the other girls

Take care
best wishes
Emilyxx

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi,

I dont know if this will help much but I have had endo and adhesions and did have a choc cyst. This was discovered during my 2nd excision lap last Sept. It had burst though, so spec just cleaned up the mess it had left around my ovary etc.. along with other endo/adhesions that had reformed (had 1st lap in March 04).  anyway, I did fall pg in Feb 05 so it should be ok. Mine ended in ectopic but at least it did happen!  I suspect though that your spec may want to remove your choc cyst which would give you an even better chance of concieving  :)  Good Luck.  Jo x

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi Again,

Well, that is even better then that its been removed. I wish you all the very best with TTC and hope it happens soon (for us both!!). Good Luck.  Jo xx      :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.