Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

After trying to conceive naturally for approx 2 years, my husband and I have taken the decision to have a go at IVF privately.  We are due to start treatment on the NHS during May 2006 (if the waiting list doesn't let us down) but are too eager to wait that long and want to try now - I am 33 at the end of the year.

Having spoken to our NHS consultant last week concerning obtaining a letter of referral to approach the private sector, I was keen to receive advice from the consultant as to which clinic to choose as various league tables of results appear to favour particular clinics.

The feedback I received from the consultant was that the Care clinics should be avoided at all costs.  The opinion of the consultant was that Care clinics were very money orientated and did not provide a very good level of care.  As a consequence of this, we have decided to opt for our local Bupa hospital on the recommendation of the consultant.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone in our position, or anyone who has used a Care clinic or has received similar guidance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

x

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello,

Although I haven't had any experience personally with private clinics, I do know someone who spent years trying for a child at different clinics and found Care Northampton to be excellent, but guess others who've had direct experience will be able to provide better advice.  Might be worth posting something on the threads that are for people using the clinics you're considering,

Bext of luck for whoever you go with,

Heatherxxxx 

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hello
As you can see i am at care in manchester doing my first cycle they have been nothing but friendly supportive and make you feel at ease if you have any questions you dont feel like you cant phone god knows why you was told the bad things about them but as far as im concerned they have been brilliant maybe like molly said your consultant knows someone at bupa and i also agree you should look around

Kerry xxx

·
Registered
270 Posts
Or maybe your consultant does private work for Bupa. I know the NHS consultant who was treating me does private work at a local fertility clinic.

I too have only heard good things about CARE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.