Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Wonder if anyone could offer me advice please.

I have been looking around at baby monitors to buy for bubs arriving, and i just dont know which to choose  ^idiot^

I had thought about buying the Angel Sounds, with the movement monitor that attaches to the mattress, then im thinking is that too paranoid and am i just going to drive myself crazy  ^idiot^

Ive also looked at the BT one, and others and i just dont know where to start  ^idiot^

Has anyone got any reccomendations, how did you girlies decide?

Any feedback would be much appreciated as i am just going round in circles here  ^eyes^

Love Gail xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I decided against the movement one as I thought I would get paranoid and had heard others had been set of a lot accidentally. I ended up with the walkabout platinum (about £100) by tomy which is pretty good I think

·
Registered
381 Posts
We had one of the movement ones (babysense) and it was great for the first 10 months. We stopped using it a few weeks ago because we bought a new thicker mattress for his cot and it didn't pick up his breathing when he was asleep and kept going off.
Collyx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I too deceided against the movement one as i would get too paranoid.

In the end we went for Tomy advance premier walkabout moniters

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0981514/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500012028.Baby%2Band%2Bnursery%3EC%24cip%3D1500012040.Baby%2Bmonitors.htm

We like these because the parent unit can be moved around with you (yuo can clip it to your trousers) it has a night light and tells you the room temp. Also has talkback so you can talk into the room.

There's lots out there, so have a good shop round and see what different features there are and what you would use

Nikki xx

/links

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I deicded against the movement one too as thought would cause so much concern. We got a Phillips digital one with rechargeable parent unit so can move it round with you.

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
My best buy was my Tommeee tippee movement sensor monitor, it gave me total and utter peace of mind, and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Marie xxx

·
Registered
868 Posts
Am I a bad Mummy?  We don't use one at all!

We have our lounge door open in the evenings and the bedroom door is open ajar! Plus we only live in a 3 bed semi - I'm sure I'd have one if I had a larger house.

My sister gave us one she had (and never used) which my DH sometimes uses when I'm out and he's in the garage and DS is in bed.

SO unless you really need one don't bother!

best wishes
FG

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Foxys girl said:
Am I a bad Mummy? We don't use one at all!
I think this is really reassuring Foxys girl - I thought one had to get one and never considered not bothering - we have a small house too. It's nice to read feedback of all options! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you so much girls for all your advice  :)

really appreciated.

thanks Gail xx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts