Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two Nhs attempts and two BFNs I am now going down the route of self funding.
I have the option of continuing at the same clinic Glasgow Royal Infirmary (although now paying) or I can move to the local private clinic Glasgow Centre Reproductive Medicine.
What should I be looking at when deciding between them? Where can I access information on both clinics?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. xx
I

·
Registered
408 Posts
hi chocolate button,

so sorry to hear about your recent bfn.  :'(

my dh and i are still on the never-ending waiting list for icsi at the gri but got so pi**ed off with the stress it was causing us that we decided to go private so are having treatment at the gcrm.  we chose more through instinct than anything else and i have to say we do love the gcrm.  we didn't ever look into the gri as a private option as we're still on their nhs list but the gcrm has a website you could look at.  the hfea website also has a section on choosing a clinic where you can compare success rates etc.

wishing x

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi Wishing :)

Sorry about your bfn ^hugme^

Check here for information on clinics and comparing statistics etc:

http://www.hfea.gov.uk/

I would personally say that right here on FF is one of the best ways on deciding on a clinic. Me and dp had a really awful awful time with our cycle at LWC last year, when we were new to infertility. We hadn't done our research thoroughly as we were naive i guess :( Since then i've found other not so good reviews of that clinic.

But on the positive side we are about to begin again at Bourne Hall and i've done much more research and everybody on FF has volunteered their comments of which all have been positive. So this site is great for that!!!

Also most clinics have open days where you can go along and get an idea of the place so maybe that would help you. Sometimes they offer a free consultation if you attend these aswell which all helps with the cost privately!!

Good luck with your next cycle ^fairydust^ Evette xxxxx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ladies.
It really is a tough decision to make and I dont want to live with the regret of choosing the wrong clinic. I am going to look on the **** web page and post on my local thread for some advice. Thanks again. xx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I would ask what would be different going private at the same clinic than NHS, stats are the main things to look at for your age- does the clinic open 7 days a week around you and not them- so some won't do EC/ET at weekends. Also costs and hidden costs, so I am at ARGC and the cost of IVF is the same as anywhere else but the 'extra' costs are every blood test, scans not on cycle, drugs etc which mount up to double the IVF costs.

Good luck
L  x

G

·
I agree - if you can, ignore locality and go where it is best for you stats wise (this may not be a million miles away anyway?)......sometimes this requires a few consults to help you to decide ;)

xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I would have a look at the stats and also visit the other clinic you have in mind and see how you feel.  I found that its important that you feel the clinic is right for you.  I am sure they won't mind you making an appointment and chatting to a Nurse and getting a feel for the place.

All the best

x x x x

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi honey I think you should look at GCRM website where they show there stats, think you be very pleased. Good luck

whippet x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts