Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have one DS age 10.  I've been reluctantly moving on for a few years now and making quite a good act of it.  But....I find Christmas hard.  This year I've had two cards with 'perfect' families in them.  Once photo showing 4 brothers and sisters with pink and blue sledges, laughing in the snow, and the other with 2 girls and a much wanted recently arrived baby boy.

I'm only human....I feel downright sad that it never happened for me and never will.  Of course I love my only child and am incredibly fortunate, but gosh, I would have loved to have been sending out cards like that.

OK, thanks for listening, feel free to post if you are suffering any Christmas wobbles yourself.

Malteeza

xx

·
Registered
141 Posts
And me.xx

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Hi Malteeza,

I think this is exactly how I have been feeling. I feel so sad for my DD that she will never have the joy of a sibling and that I will never again feel a baby move around in my tummy as I absolutely loved being pregnant. In all fairness I don't think that my DD is actually that bothered (although one of her close friends parents have just been approved to adopt and she is saying that will mean all her friends will have brothers or sisters and they won't want to play with her as much) as she now has a playroom that she would never have had and we rehomed a puppy just before Christmas which she loves but I feel quite angry and upset and I don't seem to be able to shake it off. Then I feel very guilty as I know how lucky we are to have a beautiful daughter when some people don't ever get the joy of one!

At the moment I am going through the this time last year we were stimming and looking forward to our EC date. I think if the treatment had not worked I would find it easier to move on but to all intents and purposes it did work. I know if we were in a better financial position we would go down the donor egg route but after spending £13,000 my DH does not feel we should spend any more and he just won't consider embryo donation.

I truly hope one day that I will be able to move on and accept our situation and just feel at peace.

Mary xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts