Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
5 months since I last posted! How I wish there was more news... We have completed our assessment and are again approved adopters in waiting. However, it's unclear whether Cub's birth sibling will be coming home to us. He's been in care since birth but the assessment and court process has been rife with delays and we've recently heard that the care plan of adoption may be changing. We want what's right for him, of course, but it's been a very tough few months in limbo. We're hoping for some resolution one way or another soon. The only good thing about this long hiatus is that both my boys are now more ready for someone to join our family. Cub is that bit more settled and confident, and M has had time to catch his breath since we first heard this was on the cards. 

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Plan of adoption back on and we are cautiously optimistic baby will be home by September, when he'll be around 8 months. It's been a  rollercoaster and I think there may still be some loops to ride. Will hopefully know more next week.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hello, i just came across your diary! Congratulations on Cub! You and your husband are such wonderful parents to this boy! I was amazed when Cub showed you the invisible baby and that day his brother was born. Children's soul, because they are pure, can see what we cannot. I truly believe his brother will be a part of your family. I wish you all the best and will continue following the updates!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Thanks cosmo! I agree - he genuinely seems to have a 6th sense. Keeping everything crossed!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Intros start tomorrow! So excited to meet our little Kit. Cub is super happy to be a big bro. I'm anticipating times both difficult and wonderful to come!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Let us know how itvwent. Congratulations!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
We met our littlest one today. What a gorgeous, sunny, bright baby he is. He's full of beans, super mobile and I can see why everyone has described him as clever. We feel very lucky. This little one will be easy to love  ^Heart^

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
It's really great that you got 2 brothers together! How soon would you be able to take him home? Was his brother with you today?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Last day of intros tomorrow. All going well. Cub and Kit's first meeting was v special. They seemed to know each other already... Before they met at all I didn't think they looked alike at all but once they're next to each other there's a definite likeness. Cub fluctuating between joy and rage at our new arrival but nothing unexpected and think we'll muddle through. Kit is (so far!) taking it all in his stride but we'll have to wait and see how things go once he's home for good. First sparks of connection are definitely happening. It's harder than it was with Cub as we don't have the luxury of just focusing on him but I know we'll build love in time.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Not sure if anyone still reads these forums but I wanted to post a little update as I know I was hooked on these stories when we were starting out on the adoption road. I know so many of us stop posting at times when life is easier and we're not so in need of support but that does mean that people considering adoption  miss out on reading much about the good times.

Cub is nearly five now and started school this week. He's wonderful. Imaginative, sensitive, and funny. He is an emotional wee person and needs a lot of nurturing but he responds well to support and we're so proud of him.

Kit is two and a half, clever, thoughtful and easy going (as far as any two year old can be!). He's a happy little soul and generally just gets on with stuff.

Cub and Kit's relationship has had some turbulent times. Cub was pretty unimpressed by Kit for a lot time and was often rejecting, and angry. It was tough and after a year of it I had started to accept that they will never be close and that I would have to give up on hoping for them to be friends. And then gradually (or was it suddenly?) they started to find each other. At the moment they really are best buddies and spend their time together running around the house hiding from an imaginary bear, playing hide and seek and putting on shows for me and their dad, which usually involve them taking all their clothes off and bouncing on beds together.

We're juggling work and home and nursery and now school and we're tired a lot. The kids do still fight of course. And I still worry about what difficulties they will have as they get older. But right now life is all I could have hoped for and more.d

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Great to see the update!
Don’t worry about their future. They have a stable and supportive home and that’s what matters. Initial issues were because of the age gap, but since they can play together now, they become closer. The important thing is they are together. You did a big thing by not allowing brothers to be separated!

·
Registered
582 Posts
A very long time since i logged into this forum but so glad i did. I read your latest update and welled up at how lovely it is.

I’m so glad you got your family.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts