Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

Oh so excited to be posting on this board!! 

I had treatment aboard and was prescribed Claxene injections and crinone gel.  I have a letter for my GP to get more of the crinone gel but the claxane was given right at the last minute and I forgot to ask if this is also to be continued after test day or stopped?  Anyone know?

I will call the clinic Monday but my test day is tue and I only have enought injections up until Monday so will need to get a GP appointment for Monday, I have a few more of the crinone gel so there is no need to rush to the dr's for that.

Anyone taking it?  Did you continue past test day?  Does it give you nasty bruises!!??  ^bigbad^

Thanks ladies
X

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
are you on clexane for NK cells and immunes as some girls take it until 30 weeks if for this reason but all clinics and pts are different.  Congrats on your BFP- my GP prescribed mine as it is to support your pregnancy
L x

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was to improve implantation chances.  To be honest I'm not that sure!  I've never been tested for any immune things, my prob is getting eggs nothing else (I hope!!)

G

·
i would ask your clinic-why they have prescribed it for you???....suprised that they havent mentioned how long to stay on it for :eek:.....you would also need regular blood test to check your fbc whilst on clexane therefore your Dr would need to monitor you regulary..sometimes maybe upping or lowering the dose.

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I was aware its a blood thinner.  Strange everyone else has told me they have had no prob getting it from their GP?

As I said it was to increase blood for to the uterous and improve chance of implantation, hence why I am not sure if I need to continue.

Of course I will call my clinic tomorrow but I thought ladies on here would know and so I would know if I have to rush to get a GP appointment first thing tomorrow or not.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hi Laura,

Professor Camlibel told me today that if I got a BFP then I would need another 8 weeks of injections - Romina gave me a letter which had both Crinone and Clexane included on it - seems like they overlooked this for you as you started off on the Progesterone in Oil injections maybe? He told me that if the GP won't prescribe Crinone then to ask for cyclogest pessaries.

Ask Romina to fax another letter to your GP - hope its not a problem for you and you manage to get it all sorted :-*

Going to try to post on the PR thread but having nightmare with wireless in the hotel tonight :mad: so if I don't see you there will talk to you all tomorrow :)

Love Steph xx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Congrulations on the BFP!!

My GP prescribed clexane on the NHS once I was pregnant. I was on it for immune issues but I've since found out I have blood clotting issues too! Hopefully if you have an understanding GP he/ she will do an NHS prescription.

Best wishes

Bx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Beattie!  You have put my mind at rest! :-*

Steph - Actaully they only decided to put me on at on my after ET consult and the letter was already done prior to that as they are so organised!!  ;D  I've emailed Romina and she will I'm sure fax me over the letter tomorrow prior to my GP appointment.

Thanks lovely Steph and Beattie!!  :-* :-*

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just incase anyone else needs the info I got these injections from the GP today without any problems, they do not need to monitor me on them as I'm only on it for 10 weeks.

X

1 - 9 of 9 Posts