Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
L did her first ever poo on the potty today  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^  (never thought I would get so excited about lavatorial functions...)

We haven't really started toilet training proper yet, but we now have potty and I am trying to get DD to understand what it is for.  As I changed her at bedtime, I had an inkling one was on its way, so I took her into the bathroom, took off her nappy and sat her down - BINGO!  So after much praising and fuss, I put the potty out of harm's way, sorted L out and then had to face the clear-up.

Without going into the gory details, this wasn't a poo that was going to come out by itself, and it took a while to sort out and clean out the potty, loo and loo brush.  NICE!  So, I thought, there must be a better way to do this, and who might have some ideas???  So here I am.  I guess getting LO onto the loo as soon as possible is one suggestion, but if you don't have a handy loo and have to use the potty, the cleaning issue must arise from time to time.

Oh, and by the time I had finished my Kim and Aggie routine in the bathroom, DD had done another poo into her nappy! ::)

I can see this toilet training lark is going to be lots of fun.....

EG x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hooray, well done L!

My friend used to put a couple of pieces of toilet paper in the bottom of the potty so it all just 'fell' out!

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
It's not nice!!

I used to use some loo paper to encourage the contents out. Another wipe with loo roll, then anti bacterial spray and more paper. Usually was ok.
Best thing is to get her to use the loo though. Much easier!!

Good Luck x

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lining the potty with loo paper is a great idea.  I'll try that one next time I suspect a poo is on its way.  That, and get a toilet inset seat!

Thanks both of you

EG x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Yes well done L!!!

like the idea of lining the potty with loo roll. Why didn't I think of that before?!

Gawd, I groan when either S or the little one I mind chooses to poo on the potty instead of the loo.........!
It is so much harder to clean up! ::)

However, Method make flushable cleaning wipes which I keep handy in the loo and they can be used for a final wipe round after you've dropped the contents into the loo. They smell lovely too.

http://www.methodproducts.co.uk/flushable_wipes.html

You can get them from Sainsburys and I'm sure Tescos do them, Waitrose and ocado definitely do. If not, Amazon.
They differ from most antibac wipes in that they are flushable ;)
They're not totally disinfecting, but clean is all I need between sessions and I do the disinfecting at the end of the day when they've finished messing with the potty/loo.

C x

/links

1 - 6 of 6 Posts