Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I am now 12 days post EC and yesterday and today have got ^BFP^s using CB digital. I know that the trigger left my system because I got negatives on Wednesday and Thursday. Obviously I am over the moon and never dreamed that I could ever get this far BUT I am going to be nervous until blood test on Tuesday. Just wondered for those of you who have tested pos with CB dig, does the time it takes for pregnant come up depend on how strong the hcg is. Mine has taken nearly 3 minutes both times, does it get quicker as the hormone gets stronger????

Love
Cath
X

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Hi Cath

^congrats^ on your  ^BFP^ !!

I tested 12 & 13 days past ec with clearblue digital. Day 13 came up quicker than day 12 so yes I think it must come up quicker as the HCG in your urine gets stronger. We also tested with regular clearblue on both days, the 2nd line was faint on day 12 and much stronger on day 13.

^goodluck^ for your bloods on Tuesday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
981 Posts
hi

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP :)

I dont really know about how long on the digitals as I never tested early and had the bloods done

God Bless
Sarah

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
On CB the wait time is 1 minute I think? I know when I tested 15 dp insem it came up pg in about 30 secs so yes the stronger the HCG the quicker it comes up I would say. ^reiki^

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hi Cath

Congratulations!!

I tested with a Clear Blue Digital and a very cheap internet one at 14pEC.  I did the tests after I had come back from the hospital blood test and before they had rung with the result.  I was so nervous I did the clear blue digital one first, I waited about 30 seconds before I felt I couldn't just stand watching it... too many previous heartbreaks.  So I went and made a cup of herbal tea, when I came back it was positive.  I did the cheap one, as I couldn't believe it and the line came up immediately.

At a guess I would say my digital test must have taken nearly a minute, the hospital came back with a bHCG reading of 368, which I now know from other lovely ladies on FF is quite good.  I think clear blue is pretty accurate so I wouldn't worry about the length of time.

I also don't think the nervousness goes away either, I'm really nervous about the 6w scan.  I'm certainly not feeling smug I've got a BFP, still can't believe it and use a cheap test every few days to check I'm still BFP!  I thank God every day for letting me be one day closer to my baby.

best wishes

Siamese

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Just wanted to say a huge congratulations - dont worry how long it takes the fact that it is positive is the main thing - good luck for your bloods next week  ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

I agree with Mollieboo - don't about the length of time.  Just concentrate on that wonderful BFP!  Congrats!

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
;D

I am soooooo glad I found this posting cause I too have tested early over the last few days as my test date isn't until the 23rd but I tested on 12 days past EC and also today which is 13 days past.
I was really trying to find out how reliable the result was been as it was ^BFP^. cause of testing before I was due to.

But know I have seen these posts I am soooooooooo excited I feel like I am ^jumpin^ about in side!!!! haha.

Hope all of you are well

Danny

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your replies, congrats to the other ladies who are now pg. MolllieBoo, I hope that this tx is your lucky one, there does seem to be BFPs in the air at the moment.

Just to torture myself further I tested with a boots didital just now (not supposed to do this one until day of missed period) and it was -ive. I guess that why people say don't test early, but it's got me thinking that the HCG levels are really low. MJP - like you I also used the Clear Blue normal test today(Yes I'm a obsessive tester) and the line came up within a minute but was faint, however deffo pos. Did you count Day 1 as day AFTER ec?

No sign whatsoever of Af and was in full flow by this stage last time so I guess I'll just have to try and relax and pray.

XXX

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yay Danny - Congrats. Did you use an early tester?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanx CathJ

I too used a CB but not the ones that states it in words the one that uses a cross, but this morning I used A cheap 99p one from bodycare and  that has come up positive too.

So really keeping my fingers crossed that that is my result!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
cath J. said:
Just to torture myself further I tested with a boots didital just now (not supposed to do this one until day of missed period) and it was -ive. I guess that why people say don't test early, but it's got me thinking that the HCG levels are really low. MJP - like you I also used the Clear Blue normal test today(Yes I'm a obsessive tester) and the line came up within a minute but was faint, however deffo pos. Did you count Day 1 as day AFTER ec?

No sign whatsoever of Af and was in full flow by this stage last time so I guess I'll just have to try and relax and pray.

XXX
hi cath

i dont know wether you already knew but clearblue are alot more sensitive than boots ones, i know the boots normal peestick are not very sensitive as i was using these, clearblue are very sensitive especially digital, i found so looks good if you have got + with clearblue ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
842 Posts
Cath hope ur bubbles are ok, thought id send you some for extra goodluck  ;)

going to rest my finger now  ;D

xx

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much, I'm going to relax a little now and just accept the magic words on the CB digital. I guess I'm just concerned that because it detects such low levels, I may not get a good blood result, but I do have 3 days to go until that.
AngelDelight - thanks so much for getting my bubbles to 777. Your finger must be aching  ;D

XXX

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Angeldelight - did you get a negative on the boots normal and then a positive with CB digital? After this I will shut up about it promise!!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi Cath

ask away - when i had my BFP i certainly didnt shut up with the questions  ;D

yes cath i did,

although i havent had the same treatment as yourself i did test very early, i thought as im a pee stick addict to (had loads tests in house )  ;D  i did an experiment with all the tests to see what showed up the best  ;)

my cycles were 32 days;

9dpo / cd25  - had negatives

10dpo / cd26 - had boots dig & normal ps -ive /  'PREGNANT' on clearblue digi / faint but very visable on 2 1st response / internet cheapys showed -ive

+'s there on, didnt get a + with boots and internet cheapys till well after my af was due

I personally think clearblue & 1st response are the best ones ive always used these in my previous pregnancies too

I think when a woman gets a BFP it takes a while to sink in especially when had infertility, you perhaps feel dont want to get your hopes up especially with what you have been through but i have to say, like you said the hcg from treatment is out your system as had previous -ive so basically your PREGNANT !!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS  :)    ^hugme^

keep us informed and if need to ask anymore questions fire away  ;)

lots of love Nicky xxx

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bless you Nicky thanks. You're right I just can't let myself fully believe that I have finally got the pg result that I've always wanted.

Am slowly starting to believe it now
XXX

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi

Just to update. did the Boots digital again this morning and it was positive along with the Clear Blue dig. So I now REALLY do believe it.

Thanks so much for all your reassurance yesterday

XXX

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
congratulations on your pregnancy
L x

·
Registered
842 Posts
awww Cath thats fabulous news !!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS  ^hugme^

^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Glad to hear now you really do believe your pregnant  ;D

lots of love

Nicky xx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts