Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm on the 2ww and I'm on 2 x clexane a day and aspirin among other things.  I went to do my evening clexane injection and I noticed that the spot from this morning was still bleeding a bit.  I have to be honest this freaked me out.  I know the point of clexane is to thin the blood but my blood isn't clotting at all apparently, isn't this weird?

Any thoughts welcome...

thanks

Mrs B

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi Mrs BA
i dont think this is anything to worry about. it happended to me a few times, i think i must have just injected in the wrong place., did it contiue to bleed for a while? if so then maybe you should ask ARGC if no on on here can help?

a little bleediung is ok thou x

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks NJO but I'm worriedcabout the fact that when there is a drop of blood it isn't clotting,
My tummy has all these bruises on it and black dots where the needle has gone in, is this right?

I guess I'm in a bit of a state as I think I've been doing the Gestone injections to low as well in my butt and now I'm worried the Gestone isn't working because my boobs don't hurt anymore, but then I'm not sure they should be hurting 3 days after transfer !

See, got myself in a right muddle and have spent a sleepless night.....

Mrs b

·
Registered
959 Posts
listen i was totally paranoid as well and its stressful. Yes i too had the bruising and the no clotting. keep your finger pressed on the area for a few mins and thats hould stop. But if you are really worried then call argc
sorry cant help much about the getsone as i dont know how relevnt that is

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mrs B dont worry about the gestone injections. I spent 12 weeks doing them far too low and DD is now 7. It was only when I asked the nurse at the argc to draw on my in a future cycle because I seemed to be getting an allergic reaction to them that I nearly died with shock at how high she drew but she reassured me that it will still go in and be absorbed.

I also have deep purple dots and bruises all over tum. They go too.

x

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both  :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Mrs BA

I hope you're not finding the 2WW too awful.  Re: the bleeding - I get it a lot, sometimes it will bleed for 4-5 hours from the injection site that morning.  It is because your stomach is so bruised that you are getting haematomas (don't know how to spell) under the skin and on my last pregnancy the clinic gave me a load of pressure bandages that I put on after each injection and it seemed to stop the ongoing bleed.  Its started happening to me again on this cycle and I'm trying not to keep going over the same area but that's proving to be too difficult.  I also changed to my thighs with the Clexane after a while but haven't done so yet as can't remember when its ok to do that but that might be worth asking as well.  Don't worry about the boobs either as mine didn't hurt at all and we got a BFP.  It's so easy to start trying to look for symptoms, I had none until the night before I tested when I got a bit of spotting and was convinced it hadn't worked.  Hope the next few days aren't too painful and keeping everything crossed for happy Christmas news.

Ali x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.