Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and on 40mg Clexane a day.  I saw my consultant today for the first time and he was asking why I've been prescribed this and what tests have been carried out.  My consultant's going to write to ARGC to request some answers and I see him again in a month's time. 

What I'm wondering is has anybody been advised to come off the Clexane from their consultant and how you got around this problem if you didn't agree.  I want to be prepared for the next appointment, or have a Plan B in action as he didn't seem to happy that I was on Clexane.

Many thanks.

Ali

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
i remember my consultant not agreeing (or certainly being dismissive) of my clexane usage. in the end, i carried on until argc were happy for me to come off it. but that was just me - i would've listened to dr t as in the end he got me pregnant!!

xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fran

Many thanks for your reply.  I feel very strongly about continuing the Clexane until I receive the go-ahead from ARGC to stop taking it.  Mr T is a 'miracle worker' as he's the only one who has got me this far into my pregnancy - other places couldn't find the cause of my miscarriages.

Ali x

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Not that I'm in that lucky situation yet but I think a good thing to point out to any consultant is that they are not the ones that helped get you pregnant (I woulnd't say that Mr T actually got you pregnant as it might cause a few raised eyebrows.....it does sound somewhat as if he was providing the seed so to speak!  ;D But he helped big time!) and so you'll go with what he says. If the consultant had been the one to help you would go with what they say but they weren't! DOn't let them buly you into doing what they think - they aren't the experts here....Mr T is!

Good luck all
Minow x

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Hi Hun

I was under kingston hosp for my mw care and the cons there was demanding i come off and have blood tests, i told her no as the nhs werent interested when i lost my other babies and Mr T had got me the furthest and my babies were fine with clexane  ::) i then changed hospitals as i felt i was fighting with the cons all the time and my new hosp are great and are happy with Mr T monitoring my clexane  ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Minow and Emma

Many thanks for your replies and good advice. 

Minow - I won't let my consultant bully me.  I'm pretty sure from my first appointment he's got the impression that I don't intend to come off Clexane, but if not, I will tell him I feel very strongly that I will stay on it until I've received the go-ahead from Mr T.  Good luck with your future treatment.  Your in the best place - Mr T's the best.  Sending you some babydust your way. ^fairydust^

Emma - I'm glad that your happy with your new hospital and consultant.  I will stick to my guns, and if need be, change consultants.  Good luck with your pregnancy.

Ali x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts