Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

I just had recent BFN with ARGC in February - I only managed one fertilised egg (the other 2 were immature) it seems my ovaries have decided to slow down quite dramatically in the last 2 years! anyway - I am considering a mild or natural ivf cycle before I have another go with ARGC or possibly the Lister as I think they deal better with poor responders.  The only thing is I have some immune issues which is a risk when you are attempting a cycle without any support, so i have been advised to go to my GP to get a prescription for steroid/clexane etc.  The only thing is I can't remember when I normally take it on a cycle.

I know about five days after stimming I started on either dexmathasone or pred - which is the one they prescribe now?  and what dose is it? and also one clexane a day I think.  Also when do you start baby aspirin and all I remember is taking 2 clexane a day at one point and finishing the steroids at some point as well before et. 

it wasn't long ago but already I can't remember!!! spent most of the time feeling sick on max dose of drugs... Can anyone of you girls doing a similar protocol just jot down the schedule?

Many thanks

claire xx

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi Claire,
I did 3-4 months trying naturally last year with this drug combo and was recommended (by argc) to take pred 5mg, clexane 20mg and 1 low dose aspirin daily from ovulation through to getting next period.  I think it will depend on what your immune issues are as the pred and clexane could be much higher doses in different circumstances.  I think you are very lucky that your gp is going to prescribe the drugs for you as most are not well informed enough of immune issues and so (rightly) won't prescribe.
Good luck!
:)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi,

Good luck with your next cycle! After a BFN it feels good to get moving again on another cycle when you're ready.

I was on the drug combo you mentioned for luetal support only however hopefully someone else will confirm when during stims you are supposed to start them. My dosage: Pred was 10mg after breakfast daily, Clexane x 2 pre-filled injections a day and 75 mg baby asprin.

It's great that your GP is working with you and hope you get your BFP  ^reiki^.

SS xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts