Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help? I am doing my ICSI/PGD in Turkey and all the medication instructions are in Turkish so yesterday after egg collection I put my clexane in the fridge and only found out today by looking on the internet that you should not refridgerate it so I wondered if anyone has been on clexane where they stored it and if they think that the clexane would be ok from one days worth of being in the fridge?

thanks so much love Karen xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I've just replied to your same question on IVF board.....

♥ Minxy ♥ said:
Kazzie40 said:
Help girls - I have just read that the clexane should not be refridgerated but I have had mine in the fridge since yesterday lunch time - those of you who have been on it - where do you store yours and do you think that mine will be okay still?

Thanks for any help love Karen xxx
Hi

I've used Clexane through 6 cycles now......and it definitely doesn't need to be refridgerated. I just keep mine in a cupboard in the kitchen along with all the other drugs and vitamins that I don't need to keep in fridge ! I'd take yours out of the fridge....it should be ok as only been in there short time but I'd keep it somewhere else as it doesn't need to be kept cool.

Good luck
Natasha
I'd take the Clexane out of the fridge when you next get a chance.....just keep it in a cupboard somewhere.

Natasha

G

·
to be honest for anything like this you should call the manufacturer (see the carton) or ask your local pharmacist...good luck!

xxx

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi there,

Just to be contradictory but I was told the clexane had to be stored in the fridge!

Cheers,

C x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
catt said:
Hi there,

Just to be contradictory but I was told the clexane had to be stored in the fridge!

Cheers,

C x
Hi

Not sure who told you to keep Clexane in the fridge but definitely not how it should be stored, sorry.

I'm at work so can't get to the Clexane I have in the cupboard but here's some info I found on net....

http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/c/html/DisplayDoc.asp?DocumentID=12847#STORAGE

Syringes/Forte Syringes: Do not store above 25°C. Do not refrigerate or freeze.

Clexane pre-filled syringes are single dose containers - discard any unused product

Multidose Vials: Store below 25°C. The contents of the multidose vial should be used within 28 days of opening.

and also this...

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/CMI/c/clexane.htm

Keep Clexane in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C.

Keep the syringes in the pack until it is time to use them.

Do not freeze Clexane.

Do not leave Clexane in the car.

Keep Clexane away from direct sunlight.

Do not store Clexane or any other medicine in the bathroom, near a sink or stove or on a windowsill.
Heat, light and dampness can destroy some medicines.

As Lukey says, it's probably best to contact the manufacturer/supplier but I'm sure if it's only been overnight in fridge then should be ok.........but maybe check to be on safe side.

Take care
Natasha

[red]This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites[/red]

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Re the Clexane, It doesn't matter that you put in the fridge, but when you get a chance put in a cool cupboard. I'm a nurse and we store it in a cupboard and the majority of our patients are on it as I work in an Intensive care unit.

Tousxxxx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
As I said Kaz, My clinic gave it too me chilled and told me to keep it in the veg section of the fridge, only when I got an englsih version I read the instructions....  ::)  Doesn't seem to have doneme any harm though.

XX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts