Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My clinic wants me to continue with the Clexane injections for at least another four weeks (eeek!). I am now nearly 23 weeks pregnant and it is becoming increasingly difficult to inject in tummy.... the clinic suggested thigh and bum - but I dont seem to be able to pinch any fat.

I am getting a little bit concerned about injecting in tummy....but it is the onyl place I can pinch a tiny bit of fat.....

Where are you injecting as your bump gets bigger?

T

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
congrats on you BFP
I was at your clinic too and they wanted me to carry on , bt i stopped at 16 weeks after I saw my cons at the hospital , he said it can do more damage than good but to keep up the asperin, i gave up the lots , i felt my body was in control of the babys and nothin i could do would stop them doing any thing .  I also said no to more IVIG and went for a second opinion.

I think the ARGC are fantastic but you have to draw the line some where i had spent over £14k and have the most amazing girls, but te clinic have never been in touch.  I now see it s a business transaction. I got what i wanted and they got there money.

You can inject in the top of your leg

I hope you have a wonderfull happy healthy pregnancy

lol nico

G

·
nico..theres no pleasing you ;D...£14 k for twins i think alot of women would be very grateful...

thornton..congrats..sorry to gatecrash...i continued my jabs in my stomach until 32 weeks...

:-* :-* :-*

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies - I have to say I felt like saying to them I wanted to stop - trouble is I am not seeing a consultant (only midwife) so there is noone to support me.

Barbiedoll - was your bump very tight or were you able to stick pinch some fat - does it have to be a large amount - I am just worried I am doing baby some harm.

I would prefer thigh but just have no fat there.

T

G

·
my bump was tight i didnt really pinch..i use to use the same spot...were the bruises were..

the baby is in its own sack beneath the layers of fat ;D...so your not hurting the baby..i used to think that aswell... ;D ;D

i hope that helps...
:-*

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Thornton

Im on it too and finding it hard to inject in my tummy  ::) have been told the thigh too but im seeing another FF lady who is pg with twins on friday and she is injecting into her thigh so will get her to show me before i attempt  ;D ;D ;D

Good luck
Emmaxxx

PS Personally i would go with what the ARGC say, there experts in their field and i trust them 100%, there the only clinic that have got me pg and keep me pg so i will follow anything they tell me  :-* ^hugme^

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you are right - they are experts.... interestingly I spoke to a friend yesterday who is having problems with her pregnancy as there is not enough good blood supply flowing... which Clexane is supposed to help with...

I would be very grateful if you could let me know about the thigh when you have met twin lady...

Good luck
Tara
x

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Im just a rebble , do what feels right for you  :-*  I have never been good at being told what to do , but I wish i had listened and put my feet up instead of still being at work at 35 weeks pregnant and then taken in for bed rest  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Pots eh  ^idiot^ too complicated for me to do that  ::) ;D ;D will get Doona to show me  :-*

Nico-Yes you did over do it didnt you  :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D

Thornton i will let you know on friday  ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Thornton,

I'm with ARGC too and still on Clexane for now, currently 27 weeks with twins.  I moved my injections as soon as my bump got too tight.  I now do them right round at my sides where I can grab just enough to inject (I checked this with the nurses who said that was fine).
I tried the thighs too but found it was quite a bit more painful as you can't really pinch very much there.

My consultant asked lots of questions initially about the Clexane but was fine with it. The aspirin apparently needs about a week to get out of the system so its important not to take too close to delivery but they said the Clexane only takes 24 hours to clear out completely. I'll probably stop at 30 weeks latest though as ARGC had no problem with me stopping if my consultant wanted me too. Actually both clinic and consultant passed the buck to each other over the decision really so it was left to me to decide!

Good luck with the rest of the injections and your pregnancy,

Jane

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Jane

Thanks for your message - where abouts do you inject in sides.....sideways from bellybutton but towards love handles?

Thanks
Tara

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi,
I injected clexane right through till 8 weeks after the pregnancy. I always injected on the far sides of my tummy, quite low down. I found it harder to pinch any skin higher up. Towards the end I couldn't pinch at all so just pushed it in. I was keen to inject throughout the pregnancy as I lost Joey late on but I suppose it depends upon why you are on clexane.
Collyx

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey,

I moved onto my thigh pretty quick too as bump was too big and was unable to pinch anything. There's no real technique, so long as the solution goes into you.

Anyhow, my consultant has advised me to carry on with the clexane as it hasn't done any harm yet and he reckons it's probably doing the babies good.

Good Luck,

xxx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts