Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After deciding, 'that's it I'm quitting this whole baby thing' after finding out my tubes are blocked and damaged beyond repair, then reading some messages on this board and realising what a weak and silly individual I am, compared to what most of you have been through, I am considering actually facing my fear of losing my tubes, needles (BIG FEAR) and stirrups (EVEN BIGGER FEAR) and going for the IVF.

It's going to be 6 months before I can have tubes removed, so probably a good 8 months before we can start IVF but my partner is in the Army and we have to move soon. We can put in for a posting preference and I wondered where the best IVF clinics were, so that we could ensure we're near a good one.

We could stay here which is Oxford Fertility Clinic (In the womens centre).  ^idiot^ Does anyone have any first hand experience and would be happy to recommend a good clinic, obvously to me it's important they are successful, but more for me is the ability to put someone at ease as I literally bolt when I see a needle or a latex glove.

Would appreciate any advice and suggestions.
Thanks
Jules

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Julie

I am going to The Lister in London.  As for you - I cant really advise which would be best.  It depends what you are looking for.  The best advice is probably to look on the hfea website www.hfea.gov.uk as they have a clinic search on there which has all the statistics for each clinic, how successful they are etc.  Currently I think ARGC in London is the top clinic in the country but they have a massive wait (or so I'm told).  If you do a search on HFEA it will come up with the clinics best for you. 
:) :) :)
Hope this is helpful

Ruby
x

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi julie,
I am at the London Fertility Centre and couldnt say if it is one of the best (this next week will tell)
. A few of my surrogate friends use CARE in Manchester and they always have good reports adnd comments on it.So if you end up North ,look into the clinic.

Goodluck

Lorraine

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am with care in manchester. Their success rates are on the way up and are near 40%, they are fantastic, i couldnt recommend them enough, I am under Mr Atkinson he is lovely xx clare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.