Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if any of your LO's started getting clingy around 1 year ?

A friend popped over yest and she literally hung onto my jumper and cried all the time!!?  she cries if anyone tries to cuddle her and i cant leave her at all now, she wants to be with me all the time..

Is this usual ?
:-\
Jo xx

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Jo  :)

I hope I didn't start this off, when I tried to have a cuddle, Monday  ;D  ;)

Louj x  :)

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
is it like she is shy? could be shyness. My Isabel is the total opposite wants to be the centre of attension

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
M is like that around strangers - its the only time i get a cuddle. He will just hold on and hide his face in my neck. The minute the stranger is gone or he deems them worthy of his prescence ha ha he is no longer clingy. I have a very unaffectionate boy though!! Enjoy the cuddles! xxx

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jess, i dont mind but just worry its because i havent joined any baby clubs yet etc and she's not mixing enough?! but then she could be like it anyhow. Going to start going to playgroup next week.

Louj - nope, wasnt you  ;D  she has been getting like it for a while now!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Dont know if its classed as ' normal ' but Miles is like that & it started around the same time.

Buying him shoes is a nightmare & he screams the place down cos he does not want the woman
near him, he wont go into the school gates to pick up my 10 year old.

He is slowly getting ' better ' its a bind but its kinda cute too dont you think  :)

Katy/ xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
M has to be picked up a lot - i try not to succumb to it and try to distract her instead. (apart from anything else, it kills my back!)

She can be clingy - and has only just started grizzling when i leave her at nursery, although not all the time.

They do go through phases and she will grow out of it hun! ;)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies!!

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Alec is about the same age as Nigella and he is in a clingy phase too, or has been since about 8 months or so, I thought we were passed it but hey ho, its back just in time for starting nursery! He goes to quite a few baby groups so Im not sure if that would make a difference, I do think it is just a phase.
btw, how have you managed to entertain her for a year without going to any baby groups!! I would be tearing my hair out by now!!

:)
Helen

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL Helen,

She is a really good baby! but now i realise she needs more things to do than just me playing with her or going for a walk/shops etc..

So, i took her to play group for the 1st time on Tues and she loved it  :) so, thats good, she wasnt clingy there either. You r prob right and they go thru phases.

Jo x

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hiya,

Just about to post a similar topic! My LO has become a bit clingy recently. (He's one in two weeks  :)) I can't even leave the room!  :eek: The other day I plonked him in his cot with tons of toys while I went into our room to get dressed etc, and he was devastated! He keeps clinging onto my trousers too when I'm walking around!
I love the fact that he loves his mummy so much, but it's a bit tiring.
How are you doing now Jo?

love Claire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts