Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All looking for advice I have cycled twice with the ARGC 1 BFP & M/C & just got a BFN on Monday. I cannot really afford the cash or anymore time off from work to go again as I have to move to London for 3 weeks. Has anyone ever heard of them letting people stim remotely for the first week? if not has anyone heard good things about the Lister as I know they will work with you from Dublin or any other good clinics in Ireland I was with the Merrion but despaired.

Any guidance apprecaited as been a dreadful week.

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have no experience of Lister but I know of a person who had a success from there. She had secondary infertility unexplained.
Not sure if this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hi Hartford

so sorry to ear of your m/c and BFN ^hugme^ Sorry I can't comment on the Lister except to say I know they don't investigate/treat immune issues as thoroughly as the ARGC, nor do they monitor anything like as closely as the Mr T, which is why I seriously doubt you'd be able to stim remotely at the ARGC. Unless perhaps there's a clinic near you that would be able to turn the bloods around quickly enough? If you talk VERY fast you might be able to convince the ARGC to do it for you but I've certainly never heard of it :-\

I'd say the best thing is to call them and ask straight out if there are any circumstances under which they'd allow you to do this. Failing that, maybe the Lister is your best bet ???

Probably best to ask on the Lister board for opinions on that clinic. I know lots of people have had success there and think they're great. Personally, I went there once in 2006 and nearly cycled with them but was totally put off by the negativity of a certain doctor and the complete lack of empathy from one of the nurses so I'm probably not the best person to ask!

Link to the Lister boards here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=492.0

Good luck hon

xxx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Hartford, so sorry to hear about your loss and also your BFN. That's tough going.

I'll be honest I did 4 cycles with what would be known as the 'most progressive' clinic in Dublin and just found ARGC was in such a totally and utterly different league. They didn't compare in the level of care or the results they achived.

I asked ARGC about staying at home for some of the stims and got a resounding No. Plus trying to get the blood results in the time they need I think would be near on impossible. The B*acon are quite quick but even this isn't hassle free and nowhere near the kind of turn around that ARGC seem to have with their lab.

Totally understand regarding the level of commitment coming from Dublin to ARGC - it's a full time job and even post BFP it's all consuming trying to get faxes across etc. Bit of a rock and a hard place. Think that's why Lister seems to suit a lot of irish girls as you can satillite with S*ms or KA in the B*acon for the stims part. There's a group of Lister girls on RC - maybe worth asking for their opions.
The very best of luck and so hope you find a solution and get a very sticky BFP.
Take care, S x

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hi Hartford

Sorry to hear of your recent bfn, it's hard to deal with so look after yourself. 

I don't have any direct experience of the Lister or cycling from Ireland.... but i do remember there were a couple of girls from Ireland cycling the same time as me in August, and i think they definitely did their post bfp monitoring remotely.  One was called Lucille.... but I can't remember the other, sorry.  I'm sure there's a way to track her down (although i don't know it, sorry) and you can ask her who she used to process her bloods etc?  Might be worth doing that before you chat with ARGC - armed with the knowledge that you can get the bloods turned round in hours might swing them your way! 

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Loobs x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you all so much for replies - great help as finding today very tough & no one understands what we go through! Best of luck to you all

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Hartford

Sorry to hear about your BFN  ^hugme^  ^hugme^

I have heard the Lister is good for poor responders - not sure of your particular situation but thought this might be useful.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Hartford I am prusing surrogacy with an Irish surrogate and me in London doing the IVF- they aren't too keen on working in parntership, depsite me having a letter from the SIMS saying that they are more than happy to do any tests on the surrogate that they can, they also want the infetious bloods via a UK lab only!

I went for an appt at the Lister (but they aren't licensed for surrogacy) and Dr Jaya Pakriek seemed lovely and also have very good success rates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts