Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya first time posting here and need your advice on which clinic is best for donor eggs. As I've scrolled through the forum and picked out the clinics that you've recommended...

So far I've looked into:
Instituto Marquès
Barcelona IVF
Instituto Bernabeu
IVF Alicante
Vistahermosa

Please help me with your experience, easy access (we most definitely do not want to travel too far - we're from belfast so there's direct flight to Barcelona and Alicante) and other new information so I can narrow it down? Also what's the waiting list like?
Thank you!
Loux

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Lou,
We used IB in Alicante. There was no waiting list for us but that probably depends on your blood group, and that of your partners, so that they can find a suitable match. We found them very professional. We travelled over just for 1 night (last year) and had blood tests & himself had some sperm tests as we were considering using the donor guarantee program. In the end we chose to just try 1 cycle.
We travelled over to Alicante again a few days before donor egg collection & we stayed until the day after transfer.
Good luck with whatever clinic you chose 🤗

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi, I can't help with personal experiences. Unfortunately personally I know nobody who underwent IVF in Spain. However, the thread with Spanish clinics is very active in fertilityfriends and I am sure ladies will share their experiences. You might also want to check eggdonationfriends, in this post they list all best IVF clinics in Spain including very detailed profiles with clinics excellence. Hope this helps

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Lou,
We used IB in Alicante. There was no waiting list for us but that probably depends on your blood group, and that of your partners, so that they can find a suitable match. We found them very professional. We travelled over just for 1 night (last year) and had blood tests & himself had some sperm tests as we were considering using the donor guarantee program. In the end we chose to just try 1 cycle.
We travelled over to Alicante again a few days before donor egg collection & we stayed until the day after transfer.
Hi Lou,
Thanks Lola I appreciate you responding it, still looking into it. I've completely forgot what it is like when I was doing a bit of research 5 years ago! 🙈

Reactions: Lola2021

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I can't help with personal experiences. Unfortunately personally I know nobody who underwent IVF in Spain. However, the thread with Spanish clinics is very active in fertilityfriends and I am sure ladies will share their experiences. You might also want to check eggdonationfriends, in this post they list all best IVF clinics in Spain including very detailed profiles with clinics excellence. Hope this helps
Miamiamo, thank you for the link! Shall look into it ☺ yeah it has gone all quiet on this forum 😳 X

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Shamrockgal
We used Vistahermosa in Alicante in 2018. We were very happy with the clinic. The communication was great and it felt like they cared. We were lucky first try and have a beautiful toddler now. Travel to Alicante was easy although that was before covid.
Good luck I really hope it works out for you whatever clinic you decide on x

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Maiziee - congrats with 1st time success and a beautiful baby x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts