Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

Please can someone give me some advice for my dear friend who has had one failed cycle of Clomid. She is a larger lady (20 stone) and after her last cycle of Clomid she got a 7 1/2 centimetre cyst (PCOS) so her consultant won't let her have anymore until its gone down, but it isn't going down!  :-\

Can she have it drained? If she had more Clomid what might happen? She only had 100mg of Clomid last time and it made absolutely no difference to her follicles, what is the maximum dose she could be given? If she wanted to have IVF how much weight would she have to lose if any? Also can you suggest any clinics in London that have a good rate of success for PCOS?

I know your probably thinking this advice is for me!!  :p But it isn't, I'm in the same boat though! Just had my first failed ICSI at The Lister, now moving to Guys and St Thomas as we can't afford The Lister anymore!  :-\

Thanks!

Willow
xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

Only a quickie message as I'm just off to bed ;)

Sorry to hear of your failed ICSI - sending you ^hugme^ & I'm afraid I can't help regards your friend but I'm sure someone may be able to shed some light though.

Really just wanted to wish you & your friend lots of luck ^reiki^

Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Hi Willow,

It might be worth her asking about going on Metformin. It primarily used in PCOS sufferers and would help not only with ovulation but with PCOS symptom Insulin Resistance, which might help her lose weight. She might need to be checked out for it (Bloods etc) but its an option. I've on my second month of Met and do feel better on it, not sure if I've actually lost much weight though! On my 5th Cycle of Clomid too. Its worth asking about. Have a look on the PCOS thread, you might find some more info - http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

Hope this helps

KerryB
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.