Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Is it true that you should ignore changes in your BBT and not use OPKs when on Clomid???  Thats what my nurse said.  Also apparently the government has issued a statement saying that you should not check your BBT as it causes too much stress and does not really work. Is this correct????

What are your thoughts on this?  Id really like to know.

Thanks

Tweets XX

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Tough one!! BBT is something I have never done with patients as there are so many reasons why the temp can fluctuate so I do think it isn´t a good way to monitor the cycle but am aware that it is a cheap method and works really well for some women. Re: clomid and OPK, you can definately test for LH when on Clomid as the clomid is suppressing oestrogen not the LH so you would get a true reading. Got patients to do them all the time when in treatment.

Ruth

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi tweets,
My docs have told me not to do BBT but my acupunture lady swears by them ::). So I still get up everyday and do them. I could see a shift in my pattern when I was on clomid and I could tell wehn/if i was about to ovulate.
But the docs are right. It is stressful and a pain to rememebr to do it.
shelleyxxx

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ruth and Shelley XXXX I might carry on doing it it now that I have been doing it for about 2 cycles or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts