Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone..really sorry to ask..but is there anyway i can improve my cm..particulary as im on clomid also? STMI but mine seems to be thick and sticky all month and i know it should be like egg white around ovulation...

Thanks xxx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have you tried evening primrose oil?  I used that and got a definate increase!!!  but only take it up to ovulation as it can cause UTI's. 

Hope this helps

Kerrie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hiya Loobylu  :)

things I've tried are pineapple juice, flaxseed oil and cough mixture (this shouldnt contain alcohol - there is a message about this over on the clomid board) upto ovulation.  I've used pree-seed this month too as I don't make very much cm which is safe for  ^sperm^ to swim in.  hope this helps xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

There are quite a few posts about this so I've just cut & pasted my response to those (sorry, being lazy !!)

I've not really had too many problems with CM/EWCM whilst on clomid but after trying all these at same time I definitely seem to have more ^tmi^ & I've even bought some Pre-seed this month just to add to the list !!

I've been taking the cough medicine quite a few cycles now...I only take a couple of teaspoons each evening & also drink lots of water with it too but I think you can take more if you still have a problem with CM. The cough medicine doesn't actually increase your EWCM but it thins CM so helps the swimmers on their journey. You only need to take it until ovulation....

It's not any cough medicine though...it needs to be Expectorant & have Guaifenesin as the active ingredient. It shouldn't contain alcohol, anti-histamines or Dextromethorphan. It is important that you don't take decongestant as this dries up CM.

Regards the cough medicine mentioned...check out these links...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/expert/561004.html

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html

I also drink grapefruit juice which is supposed to improve CM. I've been taking evening primrose oil (EPO) for years now for my PMT but this is yet another thing that can help with CM - however, it should not be takind after ovulation as it can cause uterine contractions (not UTI's). I swap the EPO for flaxseed oil (EPO ) after ovulation as this is safe to take whilst in 2ww & during pregnancy.
After ovulation pineapple juice is supposed to help with implantation.

Good luck & take care
Natasha

·
Registered
387 Posts
I read that you should drink loads of water. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.