Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about the clomid challenge test and the fsh level being to high. What are your chances of conceiving if your fsh on day 3 is 3 but 19.5 on day 10?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I dont know too much about this but this link does mention the clomid challenge test and might help you a little further in your research ...

www.rscbayarea.com/articles/fsh_levels.html

lots of luck to you

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi mira
I just did the clomid challenge test as I'm having tx in Colorado USA. My clinic prefer FSH under 10 on days 3 and 10, but will treat if it's under 15, although in that case you'll get the "donor egg" talk. But I think clinics differ a lot on how they react to the CCT results.
FSH of 3 on day 3 sounds brilliantly low, although obviously your day 10 result isn't quite as good. I guess some clinics might take the day 10 result as a sign of poor ovarian reserve, but maybe others might take both results into account and sort of average them?
Have you tried acupuncture to reduce FSH? Mine was 11.5 on day 3 but 9.9 on day 10 after my acupuncturist stuck a needle in my 'point zero' - in my ear! Don't know if it had an effect but the results were good enough that I'm starting ICSI next month. I was given a 40% chance of success.
Like safarigirl says there is a lot of info on the web about the CCT, although I have to admit none seemed really conclusive when I searched. I really think it's down to individual clinics about what chances they think you have.
Wishing you all the best.
Jen :-*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.